Quantcast

Allegrippis in August (15-20)

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Headed to Allegrippis with @mudgirl and the dogs for a week of camping and biking, in August. Right now we're planning to spend some time riding, just chilling at the lake, and we're definitely going to be visiting our friend @BikeGeek at Tröegs as either a day off from the bikes midweek, or a detour on the way back home. I've never been down before but Mudgirl has, I'm really looking forward to checking out the trails, I've heard nothing but good things. Any other monkeys in the area that week? Other things we should look into while we're down there?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if you're gonna be at troegs, swing through trexler (near allentown) for a short ride on your drive home. it's reasonably close to me. i can show you around.

although i hear rumor that they're going to be losing one of their signature trails by the end of the summer.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
The trails at Raystown are really fun for a couple of days. You can easily click off a 30 mile ride without feeling it since the trails flow so well, even uphill.

After a couple of days though, I start missing rocks. If you have the time, you may want to consider riding Rothrock outside State College for a rock fix. It's only an hour away: http://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7013171

At Raystown, the most well known trails are on the east side. On that side, ride Osprey. A lot. But definitely hit the west side trails as well, they're really good and get way less traffic.

And check out their new skills park, it looks pretty fun.

Troegs is great. Beer is good and the food is always excellent and creative.

The trails at Raystown are really fun for a couple of days. You can easily click off a 30 mile ride without feeling it since the trails flow so well, even uphill.

After a couple of days though, I start missing rocks. If you have the time, you may want to consider riding Rothrock outside State College for a rock fix. It's only an hour away: http://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7013171

At Raystown, the most well known trails are on the east side. On that side, ride Osprey. A lot. But definitely hit the west side trails as well, they're really good and get way less traffic.

And check out their new skills park, it looks pretty fun.

Troegs is great. Beer is good and the food is always excellent and creative.
Coopers Gap...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I'll be out of town until 8/17, but hit me up after that. I'd love to show you guys around the brewery. Wish I could get away for a ride with you.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'll be out of town until 8/17, but hit me up after that. I'd love to show you guys around the brewery. Wish I could get away for a ride with you.
Never did get to the brewery. More reason to go back, next time we'll try and do it without my dogs which will make it easier to get out.