Quantcast

All those with Gyros read here.

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
You can now get rid of your gyro. I just got an odyssey linear cable. Its pretty much just a glorified derailleur cable and housing, but it works great. I can spin by bars 2 times and it wont tighten up at all. In all honesty my front end feels quite a bit lighter too and looks better. Id reccomend the linear cable over a gyro any day. go buy one.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
no way.

I've had a gyro on my bike since the day they came out. I've never had an issue with them, I know how to adjust them, my brakes work fine with them.

it will be a cold day in hell before I go back to a strait cable.

but really, I don't do barspins anymore so I could run just a strait cable, but why? I like the fact that I don't have a big ol' dangly thing flopping around.

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
I never had any problem with my gyro, its always worked great. I just figured Id try to lighten up my bike a bit, it seems to have helped. I dono, I've never liked how my gyro looks on my bike. I set up my brakes with a lot less tension now too, they are the smoothest things ever now.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Originally posted by pnj
no way.
but really, I don't do barspins anymore so I could run just a strait cable, but why? I like the fact that I don't have a big ol' dangly thing flopping around.
Yeah, I'd keep mine just because I don't have to figure out which way to spin the bars when I pick up my bike after a crash/bail/whatever. It's great being able to just pick the bike up point the bars forward and go.:cool:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I remember when they first came out, they tried to sell them to racers for that very reason. if you crash you don't have to fix your cable, just get on your bike and get to the finnish line!