Quantcast

All those going to Schweitzer...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I am looking for a ride from the Spokane airport to the race venue on Wed. night and then back on Sunday afternoon. Would anyone want to pick me or share a rental car?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Go to Aspen instead and I will share a rental car with you.
Butch and I are trying to work out plans now.
I gotta go as cheap as possible to Aspen and Durango considering that I should not be going at all, but I can't pass up the opportunity.
I could not find a flight to Idaho that was not super expensive, so I ruled that one out.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Aspen... are you refering to the Snowmass race or is that where you are flying into for the Schweitzer race? If that is where you are flying into the the Schweitzer race then consider it done. I'll fly in there with you guys and split a car/hotel/etc.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Wait, I think you are talking about going to the Snowmass instead of the Schweitzer. Bummer, I really want to go to the Schweitzer because I have about how brutal the course is and plus the Snowmass race is the weekend of the Sugar race. Got to think about the series points. ;)
What to do?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Dude, if I could get to Idaho cheap, I would be cool to go to that one instead.
But you can fly from ATL to Denver straight and then cruise on in to Snowmass.
I would hate to miss Sugar since I never have in like 10 years.
But I HAVE to hit 2 more nationals no matter what.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, let me see what I can cook up in regards to Idaho. I might switch to the Snowmass National instead. I haven't heard anything about the course. Does anyone know what it is like. I am so sick and tired of trails that don't scare me on first pass. The Snowshoe National course really disappointed me even dry. There was nothing that freaked me out. After riding the Trail 2 rock garden at Windrock over and over and getting my a$$ kicked in there on a regular basis, I want to use some of the tech skill I might have picked up. I am so not looking forward to the rest of the Maxxis race courses. :(

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Butch chiming in here...what kinda money you dropping to go to Schweitzer Doug?
That place is most appealing to me but super expensive money-wise to fly that far.

Is Knoxville cheap to fly out of? We could all 3 do that maybe?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No its like $900 to fly out of Knoxville to there, but I have a free ticket from Sky Miles. I am lucking out for sure. The only reason I am really wanting to go to Idaho is because of the course's reputation.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Schweitzer is a really brutal, long, dusty, arm-pump of a course. This is what dh racing is all about. A lot of people were not prepared, including me, for how rough this one was. Doug, you Will love it, really hard to ride fast.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
SinatorJ said:
Schweitzer is a really brutal, long, dusty, arm-pump of a course. This is what dh racing is all about. A lot of people were not prepared, including me, for how rough this one was. Doug, you Will love it, really hard to ride fast.
don't get me wrong...it sounds like my cup of tea for sure. if I had it to spend....I'd be there....but dang....$460.00 for a direct, non-stop flight from ATL to Spokane...that's brutally expensive. :eek:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
SCARY said:
Tell me more about your Windrock ,I don't believe I've heard of such a place.Sounds magical.

Yes, I have only heard of this place in my wildest dreams...... or every three seconds.

Let me get Joey to answer you query.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Dylan said:
check out Southwest Airlines (www.southwest.com i think). They usually have cheap airfare. I usually fly in to Spokane, Washington & drive to Schweitzer from there.

Anyone know of CHEAP Accomodations at Schweitzer/Sandpoint?

-D-
There's a motel 6 and a super 8 just at the base of the road up to the top. Both are about 50 bucks a night. Other than that, I don't think there's much cheap.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
SCARY said:
Whatever you have to pay to get to Idaho ,do it NOW!If you want to pee in your Dianese the first couple runs down,it is the course to get to.
Unfortunately, I have a 6 month old a home so I have to pick the cheapest. Believe me, if moeny would fal out of the sky, I would fly there and leave a Comp 32 imprint on what's left of your mullet.

Oh and Windrock...according to those locals, it's located somewhere in the depths of Angmar, near the temple of the Dark Lord.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
Oh and Windrock...according to those locals, it's located somewhere in the depths of Angmar, near the temple of the Dark Lord.
I believe Humpy had your number this weekend.

BTW, Jeremy is sitting over at the Honda place here in Knoxville right now getting his radiator fixed as we speak. :help:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
dude, ask Jeremy...I was pinning it in that section. I was going far left off the top of the rock....right before it, I just let go of the brakes and launched it but my BB or crank snagged something. Oh well, I'll do the same thing next time...just stick the turn. I'm sure he's cringing to hear the price their gonna charge him to replace that deal. No way they'll warranty it.....

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Don't worry, I've wrecked in that spot several times myself. You're no lesser of a man for wrecking there. ;)

Yep...No warranty and get this.....they are having to overnight the part. :eek: He is going to stay another night at casa profro. But I'm hooking him up. We were talking about another round of shuttles at Windrock tonight but of course it started to rain. :( But he is at the house right now watching DH vids and washing his one set of clothes.