Quantcast

Air shock for a trail bike?

herbman

Monkey
Feb 16, 2011
North West Tasmania
Hi

I think im looking for a new air shock for my gt sanction, as the the back end feels off after i bolted some 55RC3 ti onto the front of it.

It has a DHX air 3.0 on it at the moe and it is need of some work done on it (air can kit and a oil change etc). but my beef with the shock is that it always seen to feel like it is deep in its travel and sitting on the bottom out control or harsh depending on the psi im running at the time.

I have looked at after market tunners but most don't seen to work on DHX airs, Avy seem to be the only one but the cost is getting up there as i don't live in the US.

So im looking at a new shock, i tend to use this bike as my DH rig as well so im looking at the more DH end of the market rather than the light XC end.

RS Monarch Plus/ Monarch?
DB Air?
A New DHX Air? have the made any changes other than the gold coating? or is the RP23 work just as well as the DHX air?

Anything else i should be looking at? the 7.5/2 shock means that a XFusion dh shock and RS dh air shock will not fit as the don't seem to come in that short lenght?

herbman

Monkey
Feb 16, 2011
North West Tasmania
the Vivid air was on the list at the start but they don't seem to make one in the 7.5/2 setup.

TFtune in the UK have the the Monarch Plus RC3 with a custom tune going cheap at the moe but then i have to get over my dislike RS stuff.