Quantcast

After Work Power Hours at I-5 Colonnade Park

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
Come out to I-5 Colonnade Park this Tuesday (4/18) and Wednesday (4/19) from 4pm - 7:30pm for our "After Work Power Hours". Come lend a hand whenever you get off work!

The Backcountry Bicycle Trails Club (BBTC – www.bbtc.org) is looking for enthusiastic individuals to put in some trail work time at I-5 Colonnade Park and help us build a mountain bike park downtown. We need your strong arms and dedicated spirits to help us finish up the novice section.

To learn more about this exciting opportunity, call Jon Kennedy (jon@bbtc.org) at (206) 524-2900.

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
We're holding these work parties to make it easier for folks to come and do some trail building during the week. Things are really coming along, I'll post a pic of the sweet new logride next time I remember to bring my camera down there.

If you're coming, it would be great if you could sign up on our calendar. This helps us bring enough tools and plan the work better.

Tues. April 18, 4:00: http://bbtc.org/recreation/calendar.php?event_id=4148

Wed. April 19, 4:00: http://bbtc.org/recreation/calendar.php?event_id=4149

Thanks y'all, we've had great support so far!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Hell, pat yourselves (BBTC) on the back a little - it's cool. After all, without your hard work we wouldn't be in the position to be able to help you.
I don't have to work today even though I do need to stop by the shop - I'm going to take a look at the new stuff on the way there. Heck, I'll even get a pic of it.

Bummer that I'll be working during both of those work-seshes.:(

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Went by there yesterday to have a peek. Rode my CX/road bike, so didn't get to test-ride it. All the same, things are really starting to improve rapidly down there. I'm sure not as rapidly as most involved are concerned, but I noticed all the same!

Pics...

:thumb:
:cool:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Berms? Why does that always come up?

This is a skills park and we all know berms make it all too lazy/easy.

I say, the more off camber, the better.... :)

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
There's going to be different styles of riding throughout the park, as well as different levels of difficutly. We're starting construction with the novice area, so the trails you see now are easier and designed to be slow and techy. The corners are banked with the speed and direction of the rider in mind. You'll start to see vision for this section come to life as we install more technical trail features into the tread.

Later phases of the park that are futher South and under the freeway a bit more will have at least a few lines with flow and banked turns - even wallrides.

A little bit of something for everyone is the plan.

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
After-work trail building tonight and tomorrow night. Even if you can't come and spend a couple hours y'all should swing by and check out our progress. Links to more info are posted at the beginning of this thread.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Thank you Skooks!

I still want to ride the long curvy curb down below on the walkway. Getting around the column about half way down will be interesting. There's going to be a lot if scuff marks on the column there. That's go to be about a 150' long skinny.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Thank you Skooks!
Whoah there hold the phone! i take credit for legitamate stuff haha.... It wasn't i who put that log bridge in.... i was thinking it was Mr. Art and Mr. Mike, but i'm not really sure.:)