Quantcast

Adventures in Canada

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
In the next chapter of the Adventures of BUFFALO and skibunny, we intend to take our bad ass van up to Canadia (eh), to bike. Our rack is extremely bouncy and we are also hauling teh 9 year old boy (who shall be shredding) and two 11 year old dogs, so we will be renting bikes. We are thinking Sun Peaks is a must, and BUFFALO has heard good things about Kicking Horse (which is on my skibucket list).

What do YOU know about BC riding...eh? (Must be in the Sun Peaks-Silver Star-Apex-Kicking Horse area) Thank you!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I should mention that we mean downhill bike parks. We would also love any beta on camping, as we intend to be in the van the whole time, for 10 days at the end of August. We do primitive camping no problem! We might decide to shower once or twice on the trip... Who knows!? The world is our oyster!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Hey I've got some time off. Can I join? I like bikes and dogs and having fun.
Well come on down!! You can watch the kids while we work on our.... biking skills..... :brows:

You're going to Canada, if a helicopter full of pot isn't and a grizzly bear aren't involved then it's not truly an adventure.
Well duh... but I don't know where to find pot in Canada anymore. 10 years ago you went to this dive bar in Vancouver and talked to a man named Jesus (not the Hispanic pronunciation) by the jukebox. Then he would tell you this secret route to the back alley and it was a quick transaction from there.... Maybe Jesus moved to Kamloops?! :drag:

Uh, she is coming from Seattle. Probably easier to find a marijuana store than a Starbucks.

I have two within 2 block radius.
Yup yup! Makes my life so much easier.... :thumb:

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Ah I hope to do something similar in a few years, youngest is only 5, but still rocks galbraith pretty good on his 20".
My 6 year old nephew lives in Bham--he shreds Galby and just started in the bike park at Whistler this year! I think he was up to B Line last visit. He's a lucky little f and gets to go many more times a year than I do.

Point being, he'll be fiiiiiiiine!! Take the little shredder up!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ya, I'm well aware of the Sam Brown saga.

Maybe I'm just more sensitive today than usual. Suffering from a very rare midweek hangover.
I didn't intend disrespect to Sam's family and friends but understand how it could be construed as such.

Please take my posts lightly. I work hard to filter my thoughts before I post things, but it doesn't always work.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I didn't intend disrespect to Sam's family and friends but understand how it could be construed as such.

Please take my posts lightly. I work hard to filter my thoughts before I post things, but it doesn't always work.
Main stream media once again misconstruing your words again. I still don't believe that Muslims were cheering in downtown Yakima as the Twin Towers came down however...

Sep 11, 2015

No worries. In the last year or so, I've gotten to know his sister a little more, so it stung a little bit, but I'm not upset about it. Like I said, I'm also a little snippy today. Mostly I'm just snippy today. Weeknight drinking is stupid.

I like your posts. Would probably enjoy making jokes with you in real life.

Sep 11, 2015
Blasphemy. You just need more practice. :homer:
You don't know me. You don't know how much weeknight drinking practice I have completed.

(way too much, which is why I have since stopped practicing for the most part)

BUT:

Tuesday league bowling starts next month, so if you guys wanna see me melt my hungover tits off, your best chance is by provoking me on a Wednesday morning.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I like your posts. Would probably enjoy making jokes with you in real life.
My LBS friends describe me as wildly inappropriate.

Main stream media once again misconstruing your words again. I still don't believe that Muslims were cheering in downtown Yakima as the Twin Towers came down however...
Fuck... they'll say anything to keep Yakima down. This place has a negative image which is built up and maintained by the ruling elite. I hear Canada has similar issues.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Is Yakima still Crackima? That's what we used to call it in school--have you moved on to something harder? Or perhaps now that weed is legal everyone is town is chillin in a hot haze?

Been working 12 hour days for over a week and my brain is a-buzzin as well. Good news, this vacation is happening tomorrrrrrrrooooooowwwwww! (After work, maybe I'll pull the fire alarm? No... Then I would have stay and work more, crap!)

Anyway. I've been enjoying drinking less on school nights too, but only because it makes me fat and I love me some sweet Mary Jane!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Is Yakima still Crackima? That's what we used to call it in school--have you moved on to something harder? Or perhaps now that weed is legal everyone is town is chillin in a hot haze?
Crackima, Yakistan.... it's still the same place. I do believe that heroin is king these days, at least that's what it looks like on the streets. It appears Seattle has been dropping it's homeless here, also sending their criminals to sit in our jails and then released into Crackima. Now that weed is legal it's harder to find Canadian herbs. Lol let us know how that Canadian herb is. ;)

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Crackima, Yakistan.... it's still the same place. I do believe that heroin is king these days, at least that's what it looks like on the streets. It appears Seattle has been dropping it's homeless here, also sending their criminals to sit in our jails and then released into Crackima. Now that weed is legal it's harder to find Canadian herbs. Lol let us know how that Canadian herb is. ;)
Welp! No Canadian herb, or biking, ensured it turns out! After much debate about renting bikes/lift tickets/bouncy racks/elderly dogs/gas being more than twice the rate in WA/etc. We decided we are broke. So instead we went to our local mountain and rode the crap out of Steven's Pass! (We're headed back up this weekend for an anniversary ride without the kiddo too!) The mtn is only open on weekends, so we spent the week camping in the van. It was pretty rude. We happen to have a cabin that has been in Buffalo's family since his great-grandmother bought it 70ish years ago located near Steven's, so we hung out at the lake and had appropriately sized fires in the pit (the fire marshal lives down the lake and can see our fire pit, and stopped by in August when we were burning some realllly old dry wooden chest and it made a HUGE fire during a burn ban... it was also my father in law's 70th birthday party. Win!) So all in all, we chilled by two lakes, a few rivers, saw the salmon running up the Skykomish (so so so cool to see!!), did some lift assisted riding, paddled some water objects around, and got lots of vitamin D!

Now, the question we all want the answer too: How can I be on a permanent vacation....? :wait: