Quantcast

Accepted a new jrb offer

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
So I accepted a new offer. They want me to start on the 13th of Oct, they are flexible ish, it sounds to have me start on the 20th. I want to take some time to go ride my bike between Jobs.

Whistler closes the 13th, i want to ride some end of season park laps.

What says the monkey?

1. Give 2 weeks on Friday and ask to start on the 20th. Take a couple of days in whistler, then ride trail bikes down the sea to sky back to PDX?

2. Give 2 weeks on wed, try to rip some laps on the 9th,10,11th?

3. Call the 3rd of oct close enough to 2 weeks then spend a week+ in whistler area?

4. no coke zero, no care

My team is fucked with me leaving, but this move is going to be excellent for my mental health, and career growth.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Talk to new employer, tell them whatever date is best for you but and you would like to finish XYZ project at current employer to avoid burning bridge. When they accept, tell current employer you are quitting, go ride bikes, never look back, start new job.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
First off, congrats! Second, take as much time off as possible. You don't often get a few weeks off at a time with no consequence. Take it and enjoy it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The 12 weeks I had off after getting laid off was the best and worst time of my life. Yay for severance packages!*

*I know this does not help you at all. By the power invested in me and the newly discovered lack of text censorship: fucking deal with it.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
Thanks,

I pushed out the date to the 20th. Going to take some time and recharge between jobs.

yeah dan-o, probably not as significant as i think i am, but it makes me feel good, like masturbation.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
yeah dan-o, probably not as significant as i think i am, but it makes me feel good, like masturbation.
Wasn't trying to piss on your awesomeness, just reflecting on my past experiences while encouraging you to ride bikes!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Agree with the option about having no work as long as possible and riding your bike, as long as financially feasible. On your death bed, you won't regret starting work earlier, but you would very easily regret not shredding Whistler.

splat

Nam I am
The 12 weeks I had off after getting laid off was the best and worst time of my life. Yay for severance packages!*

*I know this does not help you at all. By the power invested in me and the newly discovered lack of text censorship: fucking deal with it.
I got Laid off last year , was off for 11 weeks ! I really really enjoyed that , riding my bike very day. I was in really good shape! plus the mental recharge was needed too. had a 6 month severance package , got to double dip for 3 months too!

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
Congrats on the new job wiscodh ! This thread makes me want a new job.
thx,
they agreed to the 20th. Gave 2weeks today. Done on the 8th. Time to ride.
anyone want to hit up whistler the closing weekend?, coastal park? pemberton, squamish, nshore, bellingham. Holla!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I got Laid off last year , was off for 11 weeks ! I really really enjoyed that , riding my bike very day. I was in really good shape! plus the mental recharge was needed too. had a 6 month severance package , got to double dip for 3 months too!
Whoah. A Splat sighting.