Quantcast

A question to Commencal owners...

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
So i've had a 2009 Supreme DH for about 8 months now and i've ran into the whole "linkage comming loose all the time" problem and recently thought it was done comming loose and settled in for good.But,over the weekend at Sea Otter it would barley stay tight for more then 2 runs and is now really loose.I came home and took it apart and noticed those alum. washers that are at each pivot are all coned shaped and deformed.Anbody else ran into this?Did you replace them with steel ones from the hardware store,did that solve the problem?Also,I took the precaution and all bolts were taken out and loctited after the first ride.

Any help is appreciated.It's driving me nuts with how loose it is and i'm worried i'll wallow out the linkage riding with the pivots loose.

Thanks!

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
That is a common issue with the 09 and older Commencal's. However the 2010's use a different linkage bolt hardware that helps prevent this. Your best bet is too call BTI and order some new 2010 linkage bolts for your Commencal DH. Just make sure you loctite the new linkage bolts when installing.