Quantcast

a little road ride

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Kurt the photogragher: "This ride was the most beautiful ride of the year for me. Heck it was superlative in lots of ways–the scenery, the roads, the climbing, the group. It was all good. The people in particular were a highlight."

ps: Kurt's doing a 600K this w/e...sick

the #'s: 85 miles & 6979 ft of climbing

video1 (going down petersburg pass)

video2 (Kurt getting passed by Steve)

me casa

Most of the roads I picked, see very few cars so we didnt have to go single file all the time

climbing up prank road

who is the hardcore person riding the pink rigid SS?

camera shy

hey guys, see that hill up ahead? were going over it!

nice sign at the start of the big climb!

Nice job Patrice, 3rd up!

Chillin at the top

Jiminy peak in the background

damn close to a bluebird day

car back!

Mike Stone

Chimp
Jul 15, 2002
Danbury CT
Lookin' good ride.

A couple of weeks ago I did Beartown-Westfield-Beartown loop. That is Beartown S.F. in Monterey MA to Westfield on Rt23, and then Rt 57 back up to Beartown. Real hilly loop, too.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Nice report - sounds like a good time. What was your pace like?

I gotta do a couple of 50+ers soon, but I've been lacking the motivation to go out solo this year.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Pretty slow??? That might be on the slow side for a 20mile ride, but I'd be pretty happy with that over 80 miles.

I was going to see if you were up for a 50 or 60 mile ride if I made the drive out, but if 16 is slow for you over 80 miles, I've got some work to do before I join you for a ride!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
haha, well I wouldnt say 16 was fast.

That would be cool if you made the trip, I did this really cool 50 plus miler starting in 'toga that I think you'd enjoy. Then after tons of choices right up there for good food/beer after.