Quantcast

a little help from the canadian monkeys, eh?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
So I'm headed up to Montreal tomorrow morning with a bunch of friends for a bachelor party. There's 9 of us total and we're all coming back on Sunday. I tried to do one of those services that plans everything for you, but my planning is all last minute do to everybody in my party being in the navy and having abnormal schedules. I've been doing a lot of research on the web about good clubs in MTL, but there are so many I don't know which ones are the best to go to, and which ones to avoid. We'll probably make a stop at a couple strip clubs or two also. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Crazy Sweeper said:
So I'm headed up to Montreal tomorrow morning with a bunch of friends for a bachelor party. There's 9 of us total and we're all coming back on Sunday. I tried to do one of those services that plans everything for you, but my planning is all last minute do to everybody in my party being in the navy and having abnormal schedules. I've been doing a lot of research on the web about good clubs in MTL, but there are so many I don't know which ones are the best to go to, and which ones to avoid. We'll probably make a stop at a couple strip clubs or two also. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah we got some good shiz, depends what you're looking for. I'm into afterhours. Aria is the place to be for that, but friday nights are the best. I might be going tonight. Umm as for regular clubs, do NOT go to "the dome". Not sure if it's even open cause they're doing reno and re opening it with a different name in a few weeks.

Yeah actaully post up what you're loooking for, we have loads here. Like what kinda music ect.....

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I'm thinking we'll get dinner somewhere, then stop at a strip club before everybody gets too wasted and throws their money away. As far as clubs, we're all into dancing, most of us are single (at least for the weekend), mainly hip hop/r&b, but we'll dance to techno too. After hours is a possibility, but only a couple of us are hardcore partiers. So what's hot on Sat nights?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Crazy Sweeper said:
I'm thinking we'll get dinner somewhere, then stop at a strip club before everybody gets too wasted and throws their money away. As far as clubs, we're all into dancing, most of us are single (at least for the weekend), mainly hip hop/r&b, but we'll dance to techno too. After hours is a possibility, but only a couple of us are hardcore partiers. So what's hot on Sat nights?
K well thing is you have a big group so no matter what you'll have fun. Hip hop /r&b makes it easy. I dont like hip hop that much, only go to concerts at clubs of artists i like. anyway, umm 1234 is good, la boom, heard good things about 737 which is on the top of I belive Place Ville Marie.

Not an expert on strip clubs in montreal, but just go to St-Cathrines street and walk down there, you'll see enough strip clubs.
If you want just a normal bar, Sir Winstons has alot of english people, a cool place is Sunset bar if you have a big group it should be cool. It's uber french though but the waitresses and bar maids, are sooooooooooooo hot.
You might wanna check out stereo they supposedly have the best sound system in montreal, haven;t been there yet.
For clubs yeah 1234, la boom, Vatican they're all good I guess.

Aria is awesome, it's HUGE the top floor is hip hop/R&B and the basement which is way bigger is trance/techno stuff, they don;t serve drinks cause it's afterhours, only water and energy drinks, cause everyone is on speed, X or acid which can be easily purchased there. Cover is usally 30$ but sometimes 15$ for some reason. Aria has alot of crazy hot girls, on drugs....you won't pick up there though.

Anyways, it all depends on the night, there's soooooooooooooo many clubs/bars ect in Montreal it soo hard to choose. I'm not really into clubbing. I just go to concerts that are usaully at odd clubs and bars that are hard to find. Every other time I'm at Aria or a bar.
Either way just go out have fun, you'll find your share of incredibly hot french girls. Which btw love english guys, and are much more open that english girls.
So yeah hopefully some of that made sense.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Thanks for all the help dude. I'm the only one in my group that speaks french, and I'm out of practice so I sound like a high school french student. I think we're eating dinner at alouette, because the groom is a steak man. You've been a great help, I'd give you a recap when I get back, but what happens at the bachelor party is gonna stay at the bachelor party. Thanks again for your help.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Crazy Sweeper said:
Thanks for all the help dude. I'm the only one in my group that speaks french, and I'm out of practice so I sound like a high school french student. I think we're eating dinner at alouette, because the groom is a steak man. You've been a great help, I'd give you a recap when I get back, but what happens at the bachelor party is gonna stay at the bachelor party. Thanks again for your help.
Don;t worry about the French speaking thing, Montreal is really bi lingual compaired to anywhere else in Quebec or Canada. If you're on St-Catherines and Peel street area, there's alot of english there or at least everyone can speak it. Serioulsy though you'll have no problem with speaking english if you're in that area, which you will be. St-Denis is more french but you can get by with simple gestures if you must.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Montreal was a blast! We stopped at a bar every hour the whole way up (about 5-6 hours). I was suprised to find so many bars open before noon. I was smashed before we crossed the border. All goals were accomplished. We even almost got arrested by the NY smokies. great time can't wait to go back. We ended up going to central station, cool club but definitely felt out of place because we were the only non locals there. Thanks again for all your help.