Quantcast

8speed shifters?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
A mate reckons you can get 8speed 2:1 SRAm trigger shifters, but I can't find one anywhere - am I wasting my time looking, or just looking in the wrong place?

Failing that it'll have to be an 8spd XT shifter, we all know how hard it'd be to find a 8spd XTR one at a sensible price :)

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
beaverbiker said:
**** yea. i still use xt 8speed. i modify the shifter for a special way of shifting. but xt 8speed for life.:)
Fu*k those I have been converted to Sram. Once I get Dh bike on sram its by by to XT 8.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yeah I know I can buy XT from a number of places, my question was DO SRAM make 8speed triggers?

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
The last yr of the XT 8 spd pod is horrible. 2 friends and myself have been through 6 in two years. Search high and low for an XTR pod.

On a side note. I just built up a bike for my Bro last night and used the new SRAM attack triggers :thumb: . I am very impressed and will convert when my Deore finally craps out. I am about done with Shimano.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I am so happy I like 8spd 1:1 gripshift. Everything is so comparatively cheap: shifters, derailleurs, chains, cassettes, etc. A blessing given the frequency at which I break sheOT. I have it all on both my trail and big bike so it's all interchangeable in a pinch.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
- seb said:
Yeah I know I can buy XT from a number of places, my question was DO SRAM make 8speed triggers?
As far as I know, they don't at the moment - but next year there will be 8sp x.7 (dunno if it will come in the Attack version though).

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
With the recent injuction filed against Sram in Taiwannese court, I wouldn't be suprised if the 8v x7 got pushed back SIGNIFICANTLY... Maybe SkaTodd could chime in?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You can buy XT 8spd shifters new as "flat bar 9spd road shifters" from distributor catalogs, I'm told...

As far as SRAM goes, last word they told me was no plans for 8spd triggers, but that was a year ago when several of us emailed as asked. Did they change their minds?

MD

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Espen said:
Seb, go with a complete SRAM deraileur/trigger combo. Im am totally amazed about how well the XO, X9, PC99, 970 (12-26) works, this sh1t rocks!!!

E

Maybe next time, gone oldschool Shimano 8spd this time. 11-30 8spd XTR, XT shifters, 105 (9spd) mech.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
SuspectDevice said:
With the recent injuction filed against Sram in Taiwannese court, I wouldn't be suprised if the 8v x7 got pushed back SIGNIFICANTLY... Maybe SkaTodd could chime in?
I hope this isn't the case. I already sold one of the three 8 speed XTR shifters I had in anticipation of 8 speed SRAM.