Quantcast

888wc vs 40rc2

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I have the opertunity of getting either fork for a good (and same) price. Which would be a better DH fork (considering ALL factors). PLease give your opinions!!!!!

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
in 3 trips to northstar this summer i have seen 5 (yes 5 [five]) that had blown rebound carts. that alone deters me greatly

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
888wc, My spill yesterday was huge and on the front end strictly (scapula out of socket) and I bottomed it HARD (12' to flat on front tire). I have it set up for racing first hucking second so it was a little soft on the high speed. It got the wholley He_L smashing yesterday and I weigh 230lbs now and no problem. Its not its first time coming in hard or being railed on a gnarly trail and to date aside of 1 oil change NO PROBLEM.
Love the 888wc, a great product.

Oct 30, 2006
888wc all the way bro, its more reliable than the 40 and its way rarer too...everybody and their dogs have got 40s, so unoriginal!

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Instead of just saying one is better than the other, how about some backup. Why is it a better fork?

Bullcrew, what kind of trails you riding where there are 12' to flat drops?

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
I started the season on the 888 (not the WC but close, for sale below) and switched to the 40. My 888 was crap right out of the box so it's not a fair comparrison but Marzocchi CS was the worst experience I have ever had. I rode it one weekend and sent it in because it wasn't working. They kept it for 5 weeks and would not answer the phone or return a message. The three times I got through, I was hung up on. Now I could maybe understand that if I were being a jerk but I was just trying to find the status in a calm and non-threatening manner (it took all I had not to blow up).

The 888 may be the greatest fork in the world but there is no way one will find its way back onto my bike. The 40 is great and the service at the races is great too.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Instead of just saying one is better than the other, how about some backup. Why is it a better fork?

Bullcrew, what kind of trails you riding where there are 12' to flat drops?
Its the Intense trail and its at the bottom where all the little kidies have decided to make hips and whoop sections. It wasnt a drop to 12' with all vert, I overshot the landing and flatted (too much speed).
But if curious we have run 10' to flat at the bank on Thain grade in lewiston off the retaing wall, Beacon has some serious crazy stuff from step ups to rocky drops, Tamarack resort (rockstar, super D) d from wall rides to drops, step downs, and plenty inbetween. I rode the NW the last 4 years before relocating as well as raced and the 888wc is a bomb proof fork all the way. I have had 2 888's and 2 66's.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'd have to say the 888.
The 40 feels great, but is unreliable. My buddies fork has been sent back 2x this year for blown rebound, and now his left leg seal is spewing oil (3 weeks out from service with brand new seals)