Quantcast

888r axle

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I just bought a 888r off someone on the bustedspoke buy and sell, but it did not include an axle. I am leaving for college on thursday morning, so ordering the part is out of the question. Will just about any 20mm axle fit the 888r? For example Boxxer, Psylo, Z1, Junior T, Super T, Etc. I realize no shiver or Manitou axles will fit, but I want to know what will work when I set out to scour the state of Vermont for axle tomorrow. (hopefully all it will take is a 10 minute drive to the bike shop)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What the hell did he do with the bolt? The problem you're going to have is figuring out if the caps fit into the lowers. I'd hazard a guess an say a qr20 bolt with the internal quick release might work for a quick fix. But seriously, where do you go to college where there's not a bike shop that can order an axle from marzocchi? You're going to the wrong school. You're going to end up a hippy with a degree in hugs. Move to the city!

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I'm going to Lehigh in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The issue isn't that I won't be able to order one while I'm there its just that I want to get this out of the way before I go to school. I'm sure I will have a lot going on in the next week and I don't want to have to deal with sorting out this problem with the axle.

And I meant ordering the axle from my hometown bike shop is out of the question, because I won't get it in time. Not that ordering it at school is out of the question.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Discostu said:
I'm going to Lehigh in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The issue isn't that I won't be able to order one while I'm there its just that I want to get this out of the way before I go to school. I'm sure I will have a lot going on in the next week and I don't want to have to deal with sorting out this problem with the axle.

And I meant ordering the axle from my hometown bike shop is out of the question, because I won't get it in time. Not that ordering it at school is out of the question.

If you lived any closer to me I'd just let you borrow mine till I can ride again. If I were you I'd just call a shop in Bethlehem and get them to order it. Then it's waiting for you.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
This guy didn't include the spacers for a 25.4mm bar either, but I'm sure I can come up with a stem or bar to get that worked out.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
To be fair I never asked if the axle or spacers were included, I just assumed they would come with a new fork. I can't be mad though, I got a great price and he has been very helpful otherwise.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Discostu said:
To be fair I never asked if the axle or spacers were included, I just assumed they would come with a new fork. I can't be mad though, I got a great price and he has been very helpful otherwise.
you assumed because they do, axles are proprietary to the fork and can differ even within the same manufacturer.

I'd be mad, the fork is useless without it.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
Problem solved. I couldn't find any acceptable axles, but the guy I bought the fork from says he will send me the original axle. As a temporary solution I got my Dad to make me one on the lathe out of stock aluminum. Its about 3-4 thousandths of an inch off, but good enough until I get the original. (I won't be doing any real riding on this temporary axle, just moving the bike around campus.)