Quantcast

8 month Sabbatical

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
IS OVER!!!!!!!!!! After selling my bike 8 months ago (big mistake) I finally have a "new" one. Gone are the days of cruising the classifieds, ebay, mtbr.com, pinkbike, nsmb, trianglemtb, and a whole other myriad of websites looking for a bike. Anyway, here tis:

picking it up today, tearing it up tomorrow! Ride reports to follow.

Feb 18, 2007
Hope you learned a valuable lesson. Never be without a bike. Life is too short. The couple of dollars you received from your bike sale and your penny pinching search for the replacement are no match for the inability to ride. I accidently backed over my bike with my car. I bought a replacement the next day from the classifieds on MBR.com. The pain went away .

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Hope you learned a valuable lesson. Never be without a bike. Life is too short. The couple of dollars you received from your bike sale and your penny pinching search for the replacement are no match for the inability to ride. I accidently backed over my bike with my car. I bought a replacement the next day from the classifieds on MBR.com. The pain went away .
That's nice if you can afford it, but I sold my bike so my family and I would be able to afford to move. Otherwise it meant borrowing money from family <-- not an option. Yeah it sucked but now I can appreciate the value ANY bike has to its owner. Now if it would just stop raining and hailing (stupid Blacksburg weather) I'd go ride it... well that and I didnt have to spend every waking minute studying stupid Clinical Cases in neurology...:disgust: :disgust1: :plthumbsdown:

Oh and mike, if I can sneak away at noon from the wife and kid on saturday, I'll see you at the fire circle!!!!

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Yeah, I looked at our schedule and the exam gods smiled down upon me as I dont have a test the monday afterwards. For some reason the admins at VCOM decided that our class tests better on mondays. So yeah I'll definately be there. I'm really looking forward to racing and meeting some of the famous (infamous) VA and surrounding area monkeys. w00t.