Quantcast

7point7 vs. Uzzi VPX

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
I have been looking for a new freeride bike, much more XC capable than my Northstar rig but still able to raise hell on jumps, drops, gnarly downhills. I have been settling on these two rigs, pretty similar geometry, I think the Iron Horse will be a bit better on the pedaling.

The build and price seems right on the 7 point 7- just what I am looking for. I want to hear, what will I be missing out on by not going with the Intense other than "bling factor".

Attachments

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The Intense's geo. is more DH oriented with a lower BB and a slightly slacker HA.

Are you keeping your N* bike or is this replacing it? If your keeping it then the 7.7 will have more verstile geo.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
What's your Northstar rig, and what else is in your quiver?

If your only other bike is a full on DH bike (single chainring, 8" or more travel, etc.), then personally I would get the 7point or maybe even something lighter/less travel like a 4x bike that can take a front derailleur but still be capable in the jumps, etc. Climbing on a VPX will be a chore no matter how efficient, haven't ridden a 7point but even the most efficient bike sucks for climbing if it's heavy. I've got a vp-free, it doesn't "bob" at all when I climb, but it's 40 lbs and that just sucks to drag up a hill. And for me Intense has lost some of its bling factor anyway.