Quantcast

661 evolution with a leatt

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
Could anyone running this combo tell me how they work together. Also how does the evolution compare sizewise. I am currently running a giro remedy size medium

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
I had a med Remedy a few seasons ago and now have a med Evolution. The faceguard is pretty close on the Evolution but nothing uncomfortable about it. I also have a Leatt with the wings slammed and nuts flipped to get the most clearance out of it. On top of that I have the low profile pad kit and think without it I wouldn't be able to look far enough down the trail.

I'll warn you I have a short neck and fairly big shoulder/traps for someone my height so the brace sits high because of that. You may not need the low profile pad kit.

Only used then for 2 weekends of DH so far and wetnt otb and face planted on rocks at speed last weekend. Faceguard/side of helmet is gouged to hell but nothing cracked or broke so it 100% saved my ass and I'm sure the helmet came in contact with the brace so it helped as well. First time I can truly say that about a helmet. I walked away with a bruised ego but teeth and spinal cord still functional.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I've got Remedy and Evolution, both small. I have an impression that Evolution/LB combo allows further head backward movement, than with Remedy on.
My LB has, of course, both members full down, but w/o flipping nuts.

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
My evolution and leatt combo works great and I dont have any viability restrictions, hell I did a backflip with this combo and I did bottom my helmet out but I still felt that it didnt really restrict me in anyway..

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Thanks for the info everyone. Just got my Evolution Carbon today and am curious how it is going to work with the Leatt. My old Full Bravo and Hurricane Flight were OK so I don't foresee any problems.