Quantcast

661 Chest Protectors

project_d

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
SoCal
I'm currently using this comp chest protector:

It works fine, but it's kinda bulky. So lately, I've been thinking of getting the pro pressure suit:

It looks less bulky, a bit more comfortable, but I'm not sure exactly HOW well it protects you. I like the 661 stuff, so I'm going to stay with 661, but I'd like to hear opinions from people who have used the pro pressure suit.

Thanks!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you are looking for something that will help beat the stormtrooper/nfl player look, check out stuff from Dainese and POC. The POC doesn't have built in elbow/forearm, but the spine protector is their specialty impact polymer dough, so it will be more flexible as well. I know you mentioned your preference for 661 gear, but I'd say the other options would be worth looking into as well (especially if you are looking for some high performance armor).

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
My friend has the pro pressure suit. Its his first pressure suit so he cant really compare it to anything. But the mesh on the front on the non-zipper side did tear. Probably a 3x2 inch tear. Nothing major, its still wearable, and I don't know if that is a common problem or just his luck. But I guess if you eat it in a rockgarden something is bound to happen. If you have any questions just tell me and i'll ask him. :thumb:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
All of the 661 stuff I've owned or played with has been very low quality, but maybe they've turned it around. My old knee pads were so bad that i swore off the brand.

I have a friend with the Pro PS and he seemed to like it, at least to the point that he saw no reason to switch. Can't comment too much further besides that. He looked like less of a goon than I do in my dainese.

You may also consider keeping the one you have, but cutting parts off that you don't like, like the shoulder caps or elbows. If you're going to replace it anyways, why not?

Last edited:

project_d

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
SoCal
Thanks for the input! Getting away from that "NFL" look is what I'm aiming for. The Pro Pressure Suit looks less bulky, so that's why it caught my eye. I don't want to cut away parts of my old suit, cuz I still want the protection, it's just the one I have is so damn bulky.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah, he was much more "pro" looking than when I see myself. I don't know if it's cause my suit is on the small side, or if that' just the way it is, but with a jersey on I look stupid. I also don't get injured as easily, so it's a fine trade-off.