Quantcast

4x fully

steveDH

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
Hi guys!

I´m looking for a new 4x fully. Specialized sx, Morewood ndiza, transition double,.....
There isn´t such a huge range of 4x fullies on the market. what would you chose? I want something for racing 4x, dual, jumping around, eventually pump track riding..

thanks for your answers!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Banshee rampart? Great CS, good price and it gets good reviews. Mail banshee and I'm sure they'll be more than willing to answer all your questions. They have been great with my legend.

Also if you angle more towards dirt maybe some ss rig? Dartmoor Shine is nice and has a great price though I'm not sure if it's already in the us.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan

Those would be my choices I think but maybe an xprezo gamjam would fit the bill also...

perhaps there are a few more lust worthy bikes in this category than one would think.

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
Banshee rampant

love mine - its 28lb and goes like a rocket

100mm, virtual pivot suspension = firm under power, active braking on the bumps, and sensible air pressure in the rear shock whilst still resisting bottom out on the big hits

its stupidly tough too, I've done stuff like this on it ;)

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
If you are gonna be trail riding too then I've got to recommend the Sinister Gruitr. It's a super versatile bike and can be set up a number of different ways. There are two options for shocks and two different mounting holes so you can have anything from 4.5-6.5" of travel. The bottom bracket is a tad high for a dedicated slalom bike though, but it is perfect for a little trail ripper.

If this bike is gonna be purely for slalom/4x/pump-track type duties then why not a hardtail?

I've got both and I prefer the hardtail for the smoother dirt and tom-foolery.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
If this bike is gonna be purely for slalom/4x/pump-track type duties then why not a hardtail?
That's the conclusion I came upon after riding a 4x dual suspension for about 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Ndiza, it's one hell of a good bike, but for 4x, bmx track riding, pumping, slalom, you can't beat the the hardtail. Plus it's easier to get a hardtail sub-30 and trust me, you really feel the weight difference when you that type of riding.

If you choose to go FS, I highly recommend the Ndiza. Great geo, and it's one tough cookie. Really durable frame. Banshee looks good and has had some good reviews. Never rode one so can't comment.

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
Is that winterberg? I don't recognise the 1st drop.

yeah Winterberg

first photo is the expert start line in the SS park

second photo is the big road gap on the "funride" FR section in the lower bike park

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
Yeti 4X gets my vote. I had one for a bit and wished I could have afforded to keep it :( Super fun and tough as nails. Graves' occasionally uses his for DH runs here in the off season and it doesn't seem to slow him down.

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
The vote for the Ndiza, Had one built up and it handle everything soo well. Pumptrack, 4x and even went xcing on it. Was such a nice bike, probably the one I regret getting rid of the most.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
yes. I love that bike, is it available?
Well, not with dual suspension!
I'm about to start taking pre-orders for a Boston-built batch that should be done around the middle of June.
Seeing as I am only good at racing DS myself, a FS ds frame is certainly something we want to get done, but right now the two splipivot bikes we are working on for this summer are the 140/150mm Mothership trail/mini dh bike and the ProjectX dh bike. Once we get the 4" XC race bike done we will be able to mix and match some parts to build a totally killer squishy bike.

With the rad pedaling of the SplitPivot setup I am going to use the 140mm long light and slack Mothership on tracks that are too rough for my hardtail. It's not going to be all that good for Worldcup 4x. Worldcup 4x kinda sucks though!

steveDH

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
you´re right....maybe a hardtail would be the better choice...
the new transition bank looks pretty nice, but also the morewood enza and the commencal absolut 4x

olddogbmxer

Monkey
Aug 9, 2007
For FS my vote goes for the Ndiza. Love mine and have raced everything with it, BMX, DS and 4X. HT for sure is better on a BMX track and smooth DS and 4X courses but the FS is alot more forgiving on rougher courses especially for old farts like me. The best thing about the Ndiza is that it is just so much fun to ride - geometry and everything just seems to be spot on.
I love riding it on the BMX track - actually better than my hardtail or cruiser.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Ooh, the Mothership might be going on my shortlist to replace my sx, which is mostly used as a trailbike now.
I love my sx, but I kinda have a bunch of overlap with that and my Steelhead hardtail. And with somewhat similar parts, the sx is the lighter of the two, so minus one for the hardtail-is-lighter camp. :p

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Worldcup 4x kinda sucks though!
Amen, dude. It was supposed to be better for spectators, but it is both less fun to ride and less fun to watch than ds.

I propose the following modification to ds to make it palatable for TV audiences: It's just like normal ds, except there are some American Gladiators shooting at the riders with tennis balls and stuff.

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
Amen, dude. It was supposed to be better for spectators, but it is both less fun to ride and less fun to watch than ds.

I propose the following modification to ds to make it palatable for TV audiences: It's just like normal ds, except there are some American Gladiators shooting at the riders with tennis balls and stuff.
Excellent! I can't wait to have a 250lb gorilla of a chick named "Blazer" rocketing tennis balls at my head during runs. :rofl:

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
I think I remember reading that they are changing the tubing and a few other odds and ends for the new model. I imagine that color scheme will be available when the new model is out.

steveDH

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
the new model is already on their homepage...wondering if this will be the final version, because the rear dropouts don´t look exactly the same as on the picture..it will be available in red/white, blue and white...****