Quantcast

380 - anyone put a season on one?

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
agree to disagree i suppose. Fox 40 skf seals are 28-35 online; not sure if they are the same thing or not but i still think its absurd that marz skf seals are twice as much. Hell i just paid 32 bones for a 34 skf seal kit..

its amazing how expensive certain commodities are getting now.
In overall owning costs, it is LESS dollars you pay for ridding buttery smooth fork with long service intervals.

You'd be surprised..

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Cheers. Do you know if the 40 springs fit without friction / interference by any chance? I compared the two springs and the diameters look the same, although the Marzocchi spring had very thin plastic wrap.
The yellow spring binds a bit. I had to take off the rubber sleeve on the 40 to even fit. There is definitely friction, but its still better than an undersprung fork IMO.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Anyone had time on the 380 CR? I was thinking of getting a used set of Boxxers to replace the antiques on my Sunday, but saw the CRs on chainreaction for not a huge amount more. I'm fine with no HSC as usually leave that wide open anyway, but I've heard of the bottom rung triple clamps from RS and Fox being noticeably poorer than the top of the range with regards to compression spiking etc. Anyone able to comment?