Quantcast

32" bar pics

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
yeah I want to see a picture of someone on that bike. And CheetaProwler if the closest woods riding is 100 miles away why do you have mountain bike? Just kidding.

But piss off

Oct 24, 2006
Hey dude I think this is a good idea, I dirtbike and I've thought about it before but I didn't actually want to do it since the MTB bars feel proportional (and I never realized how large my mx bars were until I tried this)

If I were you, I would have looked around for a different bend on the bars, I'm not a fan of the Charmicheal bend- or any other pro bend for that matter... but looks good.

Its his bike and his bars let HIM ride it!!!!!

jake133

Monkey
Jan 21, 2005
SLC, Utah
I could never do 32". Today i hit my 28" bars on multiple trees. I think i would die with 32". Oh and i think people need to remember that just becuase pros run it doesn't mean it will work well for them.

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
ahauhauahu...is that real????,...how about the brakes and brake lines...now days people is trying to bring the weight down....but looks like other people wants to bring it up!! more power for the ones who want:imstupid: :imstupid: more weight!!!...not necessary people!!! Vbrakes would work as well!! ahauhauhahu what a joke!

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
or you like better LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!LOL!! whatever you like!!!

The only reason why he can drag that tank anywhere is because the bars have uppersweap and not a backsweap...

the bike weighs 45lbs. and pedals like a dream, he and i have yet to be dissapointed with the bike now that it has new suspension...
the bars actually make the bike feel lighter both in the air and on the ground, while adding major stability and crazy smooth handling. we were messing around for hours on it doing a bunch of enduro stuff in my front yard using a woodpile and skinny-drops made from our recently dismantled 400 pound wooden kicker and i was using my neighbors curved & banked driveway for a cornering test and the bars allow you to get into crazy positions on the bike which make cornering a whole new world...

oh yeah, he moved the bars back down from the upsweep they had and personally, i think thats what made all the difference...

Sep 17, 2006
btw the front brake line is so big because it has a plastic guard on it for some reason, which came on the bike used.

oh and that's cool man, you can ride your PERFECT bike at your PERFECT riding place with your PERFECT style, while I just go out and have fun with the bike I've worked hard to pay for by myself. You know, since my bike apparently poses so much of a problem to you, it's cool if you want to buy parts to make it any lighter and make it look perfect just like yours. I personally have a hard time paying for all that stuff since I'm still in school, have multiple hobbies, and don't make a lot of money. So thanks for showing me just how bad my bike is. I really had no idea because I'm having so much fun riding it right now, I can only imagine how fun it must be if it was perfect like yours

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
btw the front brake line is so big because it has a plastic guard on it for some reason, which came on the bike used.

oh and that's cool man, you can ride your PERFECT bike at your PERFECT riding place with your PERFECT style, while I just go out and have fun with the bike I've worked hard to pay for by myself. You know, since my bike apparently poses so much of a problem to you, it's cool if you want to buy parts to make it any lighter and make it look perfect just like yours. I personally have a hard time paying for all that stuff since I'm still in school, have multiple hobbies, and don't make a lot of money. So thanks for showing me just how bad my bike is. I really had no idea because I'm having so much fun riding it right now, I can only imagine how fun it must be if it was perfect like yours
Lay off man, that kid is the same boat as you. In fact, he might even be worse off. . . He's from the ghetto.

PS: I actually sorta' dig the look. Keep working with that!

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
The Kid here is been working for minimun wage for a long time to get the perfect light bike to work at its best...delivering pizzaz ,packing groceries...no metter what...my bike comes in first...the guetto is just a "expression" for work hard and deal with the dailly bases routine...all i'm trying to do is help you kids to have a better ride...i use to ride dirt bikes when i had a chance...that chance is gone..now all i can do is ride my hard tail and be happy with it...is not always about the bike...is all about the rider....
now back to your rig...in "MY OPINION" i think you should:disgust: take all the "extra heavy stuff",cut those bars a little...and keep having fun ...thats all!...you guyz should see how kids in 3rd world contries ride they're bikes...and by the way...THEY KICK AZZZ!!!
i dont have anything brand new or 2007...is everything hard ernead on work or trade for old parts ... don't even go there!!!

Sep 17, 2006
Alright then, fair enough. I just think you shouldn't be calling it a joke. I'm in the same boat and haven't had it for that long, so I'm stuck with what came on the bike for now. All the money I've spend on it was replacing the old suspesion, which I believe was the most important thing I could do, and that's set me back a ways money-wise. I'll keep upgrading things when I can, but it's going to have to be part by part

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
thats the best way to do it...while you can...have you try overhaull your old fork and sell it???? "$$$$$$"... will easy your way up to new parts?...yeah?...if you dont know how to do that...try to get some info or go on line...maybe you'll learn and earn!!!
and those old toys you have in your garage...get rid of them!!!...all trade are welcome!!! to earn more $$$$$...keep that in mind....sorry i called a joke...but dirt bike and bicycles are just simillar because they have two wheels..thats it!....light it up as much as you can!!!...find a nice spot to built your own trail and GOOD LUCK!!!!:thumb:

you guyz should see how kids in 3rd world contries ride they're bikes...and by the way...THEY KICK AZZZ!!!
i know very well how those kids ride, my grandparents have a couple of houses and tons of beach property(no, theyre not rich, they just bought it when 10 acres used to go for like $50) in Guanacaste in Costa Rica and they always bring back video of the kids racing down the roads (which are just as gnarly as any of our trails in the U.S.) on their single frozen pivot DH bikes in pouring rain and ultra slick red mud... theyre rad!!!
the time i went down there for a surf trip, the day we got there it rained 12in. in 12 hours and half that time i spent watching these kids race eachother down the hills and across the rivers, they were so rad! and when i got a chance to race one of them, we took off at the top of this crazy foot-trail at the same time and were drifting corners on eachothers a$$ all the way to the beach! it was crazy fun riding one of their bikes that reminded me exactly of my old COSTCO fully...

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
yeah you right...talking about wires holding brakes,welding jobs made because there is no warranty on anything out there,....reusing bold tires and using them again...missing 10 spokes in one wheel,bars from another bike cut it and customized at its max,and still you can see the bright shine smile of this kids that can't even cut somebodies grass for money,cause that type activity out there doesn't exist.Money ,just they're parents have...abnd sure is not for they're bikes at all....lot of poverty,but the fun still goes on!!!
have you ever slide down the hill with a cardboard box?...thats also fun too!

in Costa, if you slid down a hill on a cardboard box, youd go 20 feet and end up in the hospital with lacerations from Carne Asuela thorns... look 'em up, theyre INSANE

these kids bikes were actually pretty good if you dont mind tempermental pivots and plastic pedals. they were having such a good time, it made me stoked to see two wheels be ridden the way theyre supposed to, especially after a 6 hour flight, 6 hour drive through the country, 3 mile river walk carrying 5 surfboards, schoolbooks, and clothes, and then a blistering 2 mile walk down a gravel road to the house...

TomBo

Monkey
Jan 13, 2004
Calgary,Alberta
I just started to ride dirt bikes after 3 years of DH, and found that the two share alot in common. Also when I got back on my DH bike I found that the bars were rather narrow. After afew runs everything felt ok again, how ever I wouldn't mind trying some wider bars. To see if it helps the bike feel more stable. As well as making easier to swap between the two.