Quantcast

*2s day s2*

vroom vroom
It's odd, but every time I come by assholes parked like that, their mirrors wind up maladjusted at a minimum...
Burke toll road has some of the steepest switchback turns I've ever driven up. Subaru dude hauling ass coming down made it a little zesty.

10/10 would not pedal @dan-o
Have pedaled. So has @Westy and others.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

So today's interview was really good. The spot is interesting, but it is for sure a stretch. He could tell I was giddy, and he was very happy when I spoke about approach to not only work, but with people. I would be a lone wolf to start with, building a formal process for testing. This would include field testing automated drones. But will eventually build out the team.

Scary, but man would it be cool to try.

There are a few more folks they are talking to, but it sounds like I am at least in for a face to face next week.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Afternoon Monkeys.

So today's interview was really good. The spot is interesting, but it is for sure a stretch. He could tell I was giddy, and he was very happy when I spoke about approach to not only work, but with people. I would be a lone wolf to start with, building a formal process for testing. This would include field testing automated drones. But will eventually build out the team.

Scary, but man would it be cool to try.

There are a few more folks they are talking to, but it sounds like I am at least in for a face to face next week.
Enthusiasm is excellent!
You should give it a try!

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hi. Things have finally slowed down today, but I still need to figure out the seminar I'm presenting tomorrow. At least I have until 10am to get that sorted out...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
A neighbor who lives 3 or 4 doors down from me is subbing with my wind ensemble this concert series. Small world.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Saw a few songs of Gov't Mule for free tonight. He is an amazing guitarist, but the music was simple and boring, and his voice sucks. I left and upgraded a dt240 hub to more POE, much more interesting.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

I know what I'm buying in 2030!

@Nick, @Toshi, @Sandwich
You'll be lucky to buy one of the three ever sold here. Wealthy hipsters buy Model X nowadays.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You'll be lucky to buy one of the three ever sold here. Wealthy hipsters buy Model X nowadays.
Maybe they use it as a prestige vehicle when they bring the s6 avant over?

I did look at the V90 last night. There is a Swedish tuner that with the full airflow and tune will push it up almost 100hp/tq and a rear sway is available to stiffen it up some. Far from M/RS level, but definitely family acceptable while being spirited. Secondary market has them at $45k currently for 25k cars. So we're talking $35k for a ~40k car in a few years with a $6k aftermarket tune and bits that will be more than spirited.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
woof, I considered the V90 (couldn't afford it) just for the interior. I'd give up performance to ride in that thing....
I don't buy new cars, the depreciation is idiotic. Hence looking at one coming off lease.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Enthusiasm is excellent!
You should give it a try!
I usually try not to show giddiness, but when talking about programming a flight path that then needs to be communicated to both air traffic and also be aware of other air apparent objects then trying it out in the wild makes me giddy.

Can't be helped.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I usually try not to show giddiness, but when talking about programming a flight path that then needs to be communicated to both air traffic and also be aware of other air apparent objects then trying it out in the wild makes me giddy.

Can't be helped.
fly it nao! . . . just keep it propeller side up!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Maybe they use it as a prestige vehicle when they bring the s6 avant over?

I did look at the V90 last night. There is a Swedish tuner that with the full airflow and tune will push it up almost 100hp/tq and a rear sway is available to stiffen it up some. Far from M/RS level, but definitely family acceptable while being spirited. Secondary market has them at $45k currently for 25k cars. So we're talking $35k for a ~40k car in a few years with a $6k aftermarket tune and bits that will be more than spirited.
Yeah, but isn't the RS6 a quattro while the V90 just a FWD with Haldex?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ugh, haldex. I know it's fine for 90% of driving, but I'd rather have RWD than Haldex Faux-wheel-drive. Heck I'd rather have FWD than haldex to keep the weight down

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, but isn't the RS6 a quattro while the V90 just a FWD with Haldex?
Rear wheels that turn when fronts spin cover the basis of needing added traction. It's not like it will be getting tracked. Perfect? No. Better than true FWD? Yes.

If the S6 Avant comes though, that changes everything because you get that and take it to a Stasis Signature option.