Quantcast

26" tires smaller then 2.25

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
on my new bikes im running into clearance issues with my tabletops, they would fit fine if my wheels were arrow straight but who's wheels ever are after a day a riding hard. so im looking into alternatives for smaller tires, i was origionally looking at the KHE's but being 2.15 means they are darn close to the 2.25's i already have and may still give me problems.

the three options im looking at right now are
kenda small block 8's (decent weight, price, wide range of sizes, but i dont like the taller knobs)

maxxis maxxlite 310 (fast rolling, super light, but expensive and very thin sidewalls)

continental race kings 2.0 (this is the front runner for me right now)

kenda k rad 1.95 (cheap cheap cheap, thats the only reason im considering them)

i know the maxxis and conti's aren't considered "dj tires" but i have heard of people using them as such and was looking for some more opinions or if there are other alternatives out there for me.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
The k-rads perform pretty well in that size on the rear. not sexy, but who cares.
I don't like the profile of the SB8s - they ended up kinda triangular on my rims.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
why don't you just true your damn wheel?
even with a absolute true wheel, i'll have the least amount of clearance possible, if i were out riding and put 1 little hop in it my day would be over.

by no means is my wheel flopping all over the place, a 2.25 simply doesnt fit is all it comes down to

octanejake

Chimp
Sep 20, 2009
Ma
this is interesting cause i'm looking to get tires that size, do geax aka tires come in 2.25 and if so has anyone tried 'em out?