Quantcast

205mm Hope Lightning Bolt Rotor 5 Bolt (Found, Thanks)

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
So sorry to ask on here, but I'm after a rare beast it seems, Im currently building a Giant ATX DH Team and manage to find some NOS hope gear thing is I want it to match the 99 era.

I have a 185mm rear brand new never opened rotor and these seem easy to come buy and for this reason I went and got a 205mm rotor caliper built up thinking il be able to find one pretty easy, or if all else fails get Hope to make me one again as I got told they will cut any rotor be it old or custom.

This has turned out not to be true and I cannot get one as they have discontinued this certain rotor, I have tried the wanted forum on here, pinkbike, retrobike and a few other forums and the company themselves with no luck and can't finish my built to the high standard I want without one.

So if anyone reading this can help a very desperate retro lover out I'd be very keen to hear it as I have the funds waiting.

Last edited:

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
you could always try here and ask them to make you custom rotors:

http://hellore.se/experimentalprototype/

honestly i would steer clear of the lightning rotors the tended to fail a lot... (developed cracks at the end of the lightning cut outs)
I understand that, its just a retro build, it may get rode to get bread and milk from the corner shop a few times a week so i'm not going to be heavy on the breaks its literally for asthetic reasons.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
i think it is possible to find some used discs for sale. Ask around Retro forum :)

I have 185mm left. Though I had BigUn hubs long time ago so I sold 203mm disc with hubs.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I know I have one custom one left, still mounted to a Big Un, however it has both my kids names engraved. I'll try to dig around, as I used to have lots of them.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I may have one I actually think I have a 203 and a 185 for a BIG UN flange right?

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
Might be worth asking on ride.io It's a UK site and these things were all over the place back in the day, somebody must have one kicking around still.

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
I may have one I actually think I have a 203 and a 185 for a BIG UN flange right?
The older ones were 205mm but yeah its for a Hope Big Un, I think they went 203mm on the m4, I have Enduro 4's bu had it made up with the number 6 caliper with the 205 wrote just underneath the 6 as you could go either size.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
The older ones were 205mm but yeah its for a Hope Big Un, I think they went 203mm on the m4, I have Enduro 4's bu had it made up with the number 6 caliper with the 205 wrote just underneath the 6 as you could go either size.
Looks like she is 7.25" not the 8" variety......sorry!

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
So you want a HBSP080:205:5
No idea probably, I've been in contact with Hope and they have discontinued this item and are not willing to cut one for me which I can understand I think :confused:

Its because they cracked but I got told they will cut any custom rotor say if I wanted my name on them or something else stupid but what if they cracked also ?