Quantcast

2023 Snowshoe WC

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
would love to see that but he has to contend with the dream crusher himself, Bruni and his shitty lockout…
Shitty lockout is that thing where you really want to take a dump on the lift up, there is no toilet up top so you say "ok I will go at the bottom" but then the adrenaline makes you not want to poop anymore and the cycle repeats itself on the lift?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Having been to Ireland, and seen the highway overpasses they call mountains....

What the fuck?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fun to watch. i love snowshoe because it's so different than most of the other tracks and it'll catch anyone out at any time. stoked for the podium, great to see new faces (and not even jackson/jordan).
can't wait for the next moi moi tv...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Have you ever been to Snowshoe? It’s probably the flattest world cup venue since Canberra.

Shitty janky flat messes you need to absolutely commit for.
for real. only "steeps" there are 2 seconds in the "wild zone" and 2 seconds of basin side stuff like the beginning of aa bb etc (if they're even there anymore). otherwise is moderate jank you have to commit to pedaling into hard and holding on.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Cabirouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

@buckoW must be stoked.

Glad for O-Shin, seems like a chill kid.
Dunne did great there last year as well, the Irish must like slippy rocks.
bucko is gonna sleep well tonight,sweet dreams Brother.

That was Crazy? I did not see the Finals run save the winner. Moi moi gona be jumpin,have a lash laddy,good for him.Danny broke my heart. Troy is not in his groove,who is this kid that rides for Nico? He is in Jr.s? I like this kid.

Avy

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Syndicate should throw the proto tyres away.

Great to see new riders at the top of the podium.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
bucko is gonna sleep well tonight,sweet dreams Brother.

That was Crazy? I did not see the Finals run save the winner. Moi moi gona be jumpin,have a lash laddy,good for him.Danny broke my heart. Troy is not in his groove,who is this kid that rides for Nico? He is in Jr.s? I like this kid.

Avy
Asa will race Jr next year on Neko's team.

He's from Colorado and the real deal. No ginger hair, but on track to be the next Gwinner.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Asa will race Jr next year on Neko's team.

He's from Colorado and the real deal. No ginger hair, but on track to be the next Gwinner.

Crazy that he can win national champs enduro in pro class against Rude, get 2nd at US Open against Minaar & Co, but isn't even allowed to race juniors at world cups. How has he done against Pinkerton when they've raced?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just got back from a couple of days in the woods and watched the race. That was awesome. Amazing that each race this year has had a different winner.

As much as I'd like to see Finn win in MSA again, it would be amazing to see Loris win there and take the overall.

Not that I have anything against Bruni. Which btw, do we know how he is? Two errors in his race run seems uncharacteristic...

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
If this is the schedule next year, assuming MSA is one of those at the end, you could work Bromont into that trip.

Would be sweet. I'd definitely try to join in at Bromont...

Do we know what the third race outside of Europe is?

never heard of this place, any intel?

It doesn’t get more fun and invigorating than trying something new at Mt Van Hoevenberg! Learn to bike on more than 30 km of trails, with flat paved surfaces to gain your confidence on two wheels
sounds amazing

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

never heard of this place, any intel?

sounds amazing
Mt Vanhoevenberg is up in the High Peaks outside Lake Placid. I just hiked on the Vanhoevenberg trail to get to our campsite around Marcy Dam and the place is a friggin zoo this time of year. Its going to be stupid trying to organize a race there given how busy the place already is. For the life of me, I can't understand what they're thinking. (Well, I guess I can, it's all about the Benjamins, fuck the little people).

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I don't know. The area around Lake Placid has always been a bit of a no-go area for mountain biking (outside of Whiteface) despite the wealth of potential. There's a lot of very rugged terrain there, so I'll assume they can make something amazing happen. I'm just surprised they've chosen that particular area (instead of the already well established Whiteface) to run the bike race. It's a very (very) popular hiking destination. When I left yesterday, there were 1000s of cars parked along the road to the trailhead. Why would they add to the mess that's already there?!

Lake placid itself has hosted two winter Olympics already so you'd have to assume they have the capacity to absorb a bike race...

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
These flat tracks really shake up the results.
Rude did himself proud he should go back to Wc fulltime. 3:19 on a flat? excited to see what he can do on such a long physical track. Top 10 would be nuts :headbang:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Deep pockets and backdoor dealings are status quo for the High Peaks area... Considering the UCI is a cartel this makes perfect sense.

For those that haven't been to the high peaks area, the North Country is a super depressed area, but it's gorgeous too and I suppose the rich folk need their entertainment. The area recently spent the last few years spending an assload of money to "renovate" the entire town for the University Games on the promise of economic development'.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Deep pockets and backdoor dealings are status quo for the High Peaks area... Considering the UCI is a cartel this makes perfect sense.

For those that haven't been to the high peaks area, the North Country is a super depressed area, but it's gorgeous too and I suppose the rich folk need their entertainment. The area recently spent the last few years spending an assload of money to "renovate" the entire town for the University Games on the promise of economic development'.

High peaks, LOL

Screenshot_20231001-171033.png