Quantcast

2022 Northeast M'fest, Kingdom Trails, July 21-24

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
25 Days and counting!!!! I will be posting the menu soon and the total cost for everyone coming too. WOOT!

Edited to add: Cost will include lodging and meals (Thursday: Dinner; Friday: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner; Saturday: Breakfast, lunch & dinner and Sunday: Breakfast as well as some snacks and smores). If you haven't been before....you will be well fed and there will be minimal cleanup).

Breakfasts will likely include: Coffee (sugar & cream), OJ, Bananas, Breakfast sandwiches (bacon, sausage, egg, cheese on English muffin or bagel); Pancakes & bacon with homemade maple syrup (and if the blueberries are good I will pick some too) and breakfast burritos (sausage, peppers, onions, eggs, cheese, salsa, sour cream and hot sauce with tortillas).

Lunches will include: cold cuts (turkey, ham maybe some roast beef), cheese (chedder & provolone maybe some swiss), mayo, mustard, chipotle mayo; chips, fresh fruit, lemonade mix, cookies

Dinners: probably grilling something Thursday (burgers, sausages, dogs ?) with a pasta salad; BBQ Pulled Chicken and coleslaw on a ciabatta roll; maybe pork tenderloins and salt potatoes with some baked beans or ??? another night? Either that or I'll make fajitas or something like that.

Catch - there isn't a full kitchen so I will be outside cooking on the blackstone so no homemade mac n cheese this time around. That also means that the sleeping quarters won't get too hot with all the cooking though.

Snacks: veggies & hummus, chips and salsa, fruit, cookies, chips/pretzels, smores (marshmallows, graham crackers, dark chocolate & milk chocolate; Reese's and probably caramel chocolates); cupcakes or pie will likely be brought as well as some banana bread or baked goodies.

BYOB and we all tend to share (yes, that means I will be drinking your beer while I cook for you). I will also have all the paper goods (plates, cups, silverware, etc.)

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
if that's insulated, would you consider offering them to non-Mfest participants?

:brows:
  • 19oz Acrylic tumbler
  • BPA Free
  • Double-wall construction for insulation of hot or cold liquids
  • Snap on spill resistant lid
  • To ensure a long lasting design, we recommend hand wash only
They aren't high quality or anything, just something I was thinking about without a full kitchen and I hate throwing away a bunch of paper/plastic cups (coffee, lemonade and beer). If everyone wants them then I will likely be able to send one to you ;)

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Rolling edit:
  • Kingdom Trails, staying at Kingdom Farm Lodge
  • July 21-24
  • Theresa providing food
  • Estimated cost $200 per person
Confirmed, twenty two of twenty six
  1. @TreeSaw and Earl
  2. @BikeGeek + 1
  3. @johnbryanpeters
  4. @StiHacka
  5. @Bunnista and Nori
  6. @w00dy
  7. @crombie1
  8. @ICEBALL585 + 1
  9. Dana & Maureen
  10. Oscar, wife, and child
  11. Mark
  12. @Jozz
  13. MJ
  14. @gonefirefightin
Possible
  1. V
  2. @jdcamb
Out
  1. @pigboy - ruptured Achilles tenon
My +1 can't make it now. His work is crazy right now and he can't get the time off.

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Double confirmation that Maureen, Mark Hughes and I are coming! Maureen and I are vegan (we eat cheese sometimes because… CHEESE!) so we’ll bring food we can eat and Treesaw will not need to factor us into the food prep (wouldn’t want to mess up her phenomenal system). If anyone else wants to coordinate vegan food with me, just reach out via text. I don’t want to post my phone number but Theresa has It if I don’t respond right away to a private message.

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
us too but I hate the idea of throwing away so many coffee cups and plastic cups for other drinks too...
Silicone pint glasses were another option but more than double the cost.
Silicone pint glasses are da bomb. I’ll gladly pay for a couple at $20 each. If you go with plastic cups, count me in for a couple of those.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
My schedule turns out to be doable with this. Would love to join!

A late add on allowed? I assume the lodge spots are full at this point. No problem kicking in money.

Again, I am more than happy to park/camp/sleep/eat out of the Scrubmobile in the parking lot. My whole setup would take up minimal lot space. (mazda3 hatchback with car tent off the back and awning off the roof)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
My schedule turns out to be doable with this. Would love to join!

A late add on allowed? I assume the lodge spots are full at this point. No problem kicking in money.

Again, I am more than happy to park/camp/sleep/eat out of the Scrubmobile in the parking lot. My whole setup would take up minimal lot space. (mazda3 hatchback with car tent off the back and awning off the roof)
I believe there is a lodge space open for you (we had 2 cancellations). Happy to have you join!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I believe there is a lodge space open for you (we had 2 cancellations). Happy to have you join!
Great!

I'll have the car setup along anyway.

99.9% sure I can swing it. If it works, PayPal or cash there or what?

I should probably read the whole thread...

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
In! Schedule all set.

Will have the back of the car tent. And camping setup for extra cooking ability along, so can assist with that as needed.

Able to Paypal whenever, or bring cash, whatever is preferred!

scrubmobile.jpg

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Rolling edit:
  • Kingdom Trails, staying at Kingdom Farm Lodge
  • July 21-24
  • Theresa providing food
  • Estimated cost $200 per person
Confirmed, of twenty six
  1. @TreeSaw and Earl
  2. @BikeGeek + 1
  3. @johnbryanpeters
  4. @StiHacka
  5. @Bunnista and Nori
  6. @w00dy
  7. @crombie1
  8. @ICEBALL585
  9. Dana & Maureen
  10. Oscar, wife, and child
  11. Mark
  12. @Jozz
  13. MJ
  14. @gonefirefightin
  15. @pigboy - limited duty
  16. @scrublover
Possible
  1. V
  2. @jdcamb
Updating list as of 7/11/22

1. @TreeSaw and Earl
  2. @BikeGeek + 1
  3. @johnbryanpeters
  4. @StiHacka
  5. @Bunnista and Nori
  6. @w00dy
  7. @crombie1
  8. @ICEBALL585
  9. Dana & Maureen
  10. Mark
  11. @scrublover
  12. MJ
  13. @pigboy - limited duty

Last edited:

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
  • 19oz Acrylic tumbler
  • BPA Free
  • Double-wall construction for insulation of hot or cold liquids
  • Snap on spill resistant lid
  • To ensure a long lasting design, we recommend hand wash only
They aren't high quality or anything, just something I was thinking about without a full kitchen and I hate throwing away a bunch of paper/plastic cups (coffee, lemonade and beer). If everyone wants them then I will likely be able to send one to you ;)
We'll be doing our usual - staying at the Joyce's but coming by to hang out & ride. Can't wait to see everyone! Also, if you end up getting tumblers I'd like one. :)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I do. They seem to make high quality gear that isn't flashy. Most of it is road junk, but my wardrobe is pretty much castelli and garneau for road, and troy lee for mtb. My garneau stuff is going on six years or more, and it's held together remarkably.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I do. They seem to make high quality gear that isn't flashy. Most of it is road junk, but my wardrobe is pretty much castelli and garneau for road, and troy lee for mtb. My garneau stuff is going on six years or more, and it's held together remarkably.
i'm actually looking for a pair of road bib shorts. there's a thread in the road forum, yesterday i found and ordered 2 diff models of garneau bibs to try.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Anybody up for a road trip to garneau at some point? I just realized that half my cycling wardrobe has come from various trips to that store.
We will most likely make a trip there...we usually do. We may stop at the Pick and Shovel store too, which is a general store on steroids, and they have an ice cream counter.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody have a spare magicshine battery? I have a magicshine style light but the battery ist kaput. Would like to attend night rides if we choose to do so

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Anybody have a spare magicshine battery? I have a magicshine style light but the battery ist kaput. Would like to attend night rides if we choose to do so
Oh that reminds me I need to find my bike lights.

Hey Sandrew... you thinking about hitting up Burke for some lift runs?
:monkeydance: