Quantcast

2014 Uzzi, Flexy Rear End?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Found a pretty hot deal on a 2014 Uzzi. Bike looks like it's in great shape but I haven't been keeping up on the design changes to the Uzzi.

Is the rear end still a flexy noodle like it was a few years ago or did they finally get that sorted?

pic related

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I have a 2009 and I priase the FSM every day that I'm still among the living. I also love the bike...I may already be a zombie.

Mine has the older rear triangle but I've never noticed flex. But I'm a total hack.

I have two friends who are very happy w/their T2's with the newer rear triangle design.

A coil is the right way to go on that bike, imo.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Found a pretty hot deal on a 2014 Uzzi. Bike looks like it's in great shape but I haven't been keeping up on the design changes to the Uzzi.

Is the rear end still a flexy noodle like it was a few years ago or did they finally get that sorted?

pic related
It is still not the stiffest in the business but much improved over earlier incarnations. And a little flex helps with tracking anyways.

I wouldn't buy it though. You are losing all your street cred on RM if you ride a VPP bike. ;)

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
It is still not the stiffest in the business but much improved over earlier incarnations. And a little flex helps with tracking anyways.

I wouldn't buy it though. You are losing all your street cred on RM if you ride a VPP bike. ;)
I'm replacing a 2008 nomad so....

At least I was already cred-less (or possibly in-cred-able :rofl:)

My other option is a sb66, which I have been drooling over for years, but the price is higher and the build is much more enderpo while this bike is more of the mini-DH bike I've been looking for.

you're going to starve.
Too slow. Jackalope beat you to it.