Quantcast

2012 UCI World Cup DH Live Video

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
Some fresh ground pepper in my bloody mary at 4am in the US to watch euro races would be nice. A little more effort would go a long way.
That requires a stop at my place for the World Cup's!

Bloody Mary's and Bacon will commence at our place again with Pietermartzburg - IF they are showing online again.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Warner confirmed on twitter that he will be commentating. As good as it sounds compared to last year it sucks big time that there are just 6 races and no 4x.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Other question:
Will it be free? Will there be a replay?

It's also clear now why they signed Aron Gwin. They want to see their guy on the top step in their broadcasts in their TV channel.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Yes, but I don't think / hope that this will happen. Even Minaar had bad years during his shoulder injury.

Actually I like Hill almost the most on the WC circuit, on and off his bike. Fast, quiet and a bit of a mystery.

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
It would be sad if Sam became a 2nd Kovarik.
that would be very sad indeed. I wondering why he seems to have "slowed down so much":
injury comes to mind, but I'm wondering about the psychological aspects of his mega crash at Fort Bill. I dont care who u are: have a big enough stack, and it's gonna start playing mind games. And at this, and every other WC riders pace, those stacks tend to fall on teh side of epic.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know I'm nowhere near as mentally strong as the top pros but I can say my first huge crash/injury has really ****ed with my speed and confidence.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
that would be very sad indeed. I wondering why he seems to have "slowed down so much":
injury comes to mind, but I'm wondering about the psychological aspects of his mega crash at Fort Bill. I dont care who u are: have a big enough stack, and it's gonna start playing mind games. And at this, and every other WC riders pace, those stacks tend to fall on teh side of epic.
I'm wondering if he had nerve damage with all these shoulder injuries like Rach Ath, takes years for that to heal if it ever does.....100% speculation.....

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Sam will be the next kovarik? Not to be a douche, but how many wc's did kovarik win? in how many years? How many world champs?

If sam never successfully makes a comeback, he'll still be in a league of his own.

But I'm betting money he'll be a regular podium contender/top spot contender just like minnaar and gee will in the coming year. Last year he came back injured like mick hannah, and it didn't pan out. This year he seems to be coming back pretty damn fit.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I didn't mean it in a disrespectfull manner. I compared him to Kovarik because he was considerably slower after his big injury. I really hope Sam is still a contender come 2012.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Sam will be the next kovarik? Not to be a douche, but how many wc's did kovarik win? in how many years? How many world champs?
2000-2002 Kovarik was as big as they get. A contender to whip everyone at every race. Was in a league of his own as far as agressive style. Yes....he didn't have the results in total that Hill has had, but when he fell off after injury he could never find that dominating form again. Kovarik did win MSA after he completely destroyed his leg, but on the whole he was never the same...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
you mean like danny hart? Because from what I remember, sam hill wasn't just a contender to whip everyone at every race, he actually DID whip everyone at every race. For a couple years in a row. The only male who has more champ trophies then him is nico (I think?)

I donno, I guess I'm just pointing out that sam wasn't a flash in the pan, even if he never rides as fast again, he'll still be one of the most dominating riders ever!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kovarik

And he still holds the record for largest winning margin from Ft. Bill with over 14 sec.
The point that the others are trying to make is that he was on a roll and on the edge of greatness (similar to early Sam Hill) but got slower after he f***d up his leg in a dirtbike accident.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I think he'll be back on the podium. Maybe not as dominating, but definitely fast enough to compete. yYou also have to say he didn't get slower, everyone else became faster.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you mean like danny hart? Because from what I remember, sam hill wasn't just a contender to whip everyone at every race, he actually DID whip everyone at every race. For a couple years in a row. The only male who has more champ trophies then him is nico (I think?)

I donno, I guess I'm just pointing out that sam wasn't a flash in the pan, even if he never rides as fast again, he'll still be one of the most dominating riders ever!
are you talking champs or overall?

sam only has 2 overall titles. peat and minnaar both have 3 each. nico has 5.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Kovarik also raced in the era of "Substandard Gear", there was good gear and lousy gear, there were at least a half dozen races and maybe more where he blew up wheels, doubles flats......stuff like that.
Probably on courses where he was trying to go mental and his gear couldn't take it.

Not comparing Hill and Kovarik. This started while talking about 'post injury' fall off.....time will tell with Hill.

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
Good point Cant Climb, didnt Kovarik loose the NORBA overall 2 years in a row because he trashed his rear wheel on his final runs at Mt Snow?

adrock33

Monkey
May 7, 2002
kentucky
I think it's funny how people have given up on Hill. The man has been dealing with serious injuries for two years and now people think he's not a contender. Now that he's healthy again, we will see if the speed is still there or not. I for one, believe it's there and he wants to prove all you naysayers wrong. As he would say, "It's business time!"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think it's funny how people have given up on Hill. The man has been dealing with serious injuries for two years and now people think he's not a contender. Now that he's healthy again, we will see if the speed is still there or not. I for one, believe it's there and he wants to prove all you naysayers wrong. As he would say, "It's business time!"
see that's the thing, the last 2 years i've heard a lot of "he's gonna be back in top form", and that has truly yet to materialize. which is a real shame, since he's one of my fav riders to watch, and when he's on his A game, he's got an A game that few others have.