Quantcast

2010 Giant Reign XO

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Hey Monkey's. Please ignore the title of this tread. Aparantly my mate thinks I'm a mind reader - our emails were entitled "Reign" but he wanted to know about the Konig from Corsair............

A non RM member friend is returning from the land of OZ and is considering a Cosair Konig for his bike when he returns to NZ. He has asked me to post a query on this bike.

Has anyone had any ride time on the bike and if so can you provide any enlightening information on it?

I know very little about this bike and would appreciate help and sorry for wasting your time punk.

Cheers :thumb:

Last edited:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I had an '08 which is supposed to be more or less identical as far as geometry and suspension design. I raced the bike to 7th in expert all-mtn at Downieville then switched only the tires and took it to Whistler and shredded every trail. That should put your mind at ease concerning it's all-purpose capabilities. My only gripe was the weight but the new bike is a lot lighter and supposedly just as strong. I think you can't go wrong with a ReignX.

clockworked

Chimp
Aug 31, 2007
AUS
yeah we built up a short for my gf. its awesome - love it. going downhill...

Seat post penetration isn't all that deep and its 1x9 or hammerschmidt only. Plus it is really really really small.
She is about 160cm tall and it fits her well, i'm 183 and i wouldn't bother. ever.

But i haven't ridden or seen the 'long' version, if it was big/long enough for me i would definately have one

clockworked

Chimp
Aug 31, 2007
AUS
also, i just got an 09 reign x
Its pretty rad too, and probably a little more suited to the uphills - at least you can run 2 cogs up front

both pedal pretty well standing up, and sitting down is fine too

obviously - i'm stoked with both and would have either, as long as the corsair sized up right

clockworked

Chimp
Aug 31, 2007
AUS
oh - the corsair is really stiff in the rear end. again - awesome. the stock rocco r shock is pretty average though

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Wow...this could be the worst thread title ever. I mean...it has nothing to do with a Reign X. I admire you remaining steadfast in not deleting your thread and starting over. Someone has to be the dumbass everyday. Thanks for taking your pull. :rofl: