Quantcast

2010 boxxer team bottom out

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
It's been discussed before that the Medium spring tends to be a bit firm for most riders around 160-175lbs I suggest dropping to a soft spring.
I switched to the soft spring after trying repeatedly to get full travel out of the medium. The soft with the drop stop cut 1" seems to work pretty great for me (175lbs)
I tuned lots and lots of 2010 Boxxers last season. We have fast guys (win local pro races) that weigh 180 - 185 lbs running the soft spring and still cutting 1" off the bottom-out MCU. Based on your description I'd recommend a soft spring and 1" off the MCU. The nice thing about cutting the MCU is you can always drop the piece back in the fork if you need it, or adjust the bottom-out knob.

Commencal-Guy at 165 and getting full travel with the Med spring and full drop-stop bumper is unusual, or rides in areas with big drops and hard landings. I'd also guess the oil volume in the damper leg is low. That can take a lot of ramp up out of a Boxxer.
Did you try reading this thread? These quotes are just a few answers to your question in this thread:thumb: I took the time to read it for you, now wheres my money?
Or do you want these same people with experience to post up the same answer to the same question in the same thread again? this has also been discussed on numerous other threads here as well.
Sorry to sound like im ranting....most of the agro is tounge in cheek :)

Here's an idea
1st thing to try would be to check that your MCU isn't getting "snagged" as described earlier in this thread and check the whole fork in general including basic set up.....still not happy?
2nd thing would be to remove the MCU completely....to much????
3rd thing would be to trim your mcu in 1/4-1/2 amounts...still no dice????
last thing would be to pony up $50 an buy a softer spring for your $1000 fork on your $3000 bike and try that.
Ok rant over...good luck

Last edited: