Quantcast

2009 Supreme DH WC Edition

cubebiker

Chimp
Apr 9, 2008
My large frame 09 Supreme DH ist 5.9 Kilos (13 lbs)! But I made 40.15 lbs possible but hab to take quite some care with parts. I ride a 40. With a Boxxer WC it woud even go under 40!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That's nothing amazing really. Any bike with a light fork should be at least around 40lbs. I god mine at 40 with 07 888rc2x and a lot of heavy parts and with supreme I'd probably add like 1.5kg with just my frame change.. This is what kinda puts me off in supreme.

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
a friend of mine just bought a Supreme DH and yes it comes in at 47LBS so quite heavy. But it doesnt feel sluggish at all. And I am used to a socom that weighs 38LBS.
I would much rather have a bike that is a bit heavier and hopefully stronger because of that then that I need to worry where it will break first when riding it hard.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
My large frame 09 Supreme DH ist 5.9 Kilos (13 lbs)!
Wow that's a pig! I'm assuming that's including a shock and steel spring, but even given those two, I think 10.5 - 11.5 is the acceptable range for today's DH frames. Anything heavier is heavier than it needs to be, and anything lighter may suffer in the stiffness and/or long term durability department.

Generalisations I know, but just my thoughts based on what I've seen of DH frames over the last few years.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
a friend of mine just bought a Supreme DH and yes it comes in at 47LBS so quite heavy. But it doesnt feel sluggish at all. And I am used to a socom that weighs 38LBS.
I would much rather have a bike that is a bit heavier and hopefully stronger because of that then that I need to worry where it will break first when riding it hard.
Well that is the reason why I haven't completely ruled out the supreme.
Can you tell us a bit more about your riding impressions?

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
Well that is the reason why I haven't completely ruled out the supreme.
Can you tell us a bit more about your riding impressions?
We will put a(some) boxxer(s) and some other parts on it tomorrow and go for a descent test ride and I will let you know.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
after riding a meta for a year or so and a friends supreme 6.2 i can only say this -

max commencal ,please sell your "contact system" and geometry knowladge to companies that know how to produce a modern mtb ! it is a shame that such a good bike ( handling & suspension wise ) is built in such a poor way (heavy ,not good looking imo ,cracks).

thanks ,
gil

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
i have to agree with you about the Cracking on my Meta, and aesthetics on most bikes could be improved... other than the 09 Supreme which i think is sweet looking!

the contact system and the geometry of the frames are quite good

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
Props to Pat for this picture!

As you can see I ride an 09 Commencal DH Supreme. anyone having issues getting theirs at or below 40 lbs is either poor, retarded, or ignorant. possibly any combination of the 3. (no offense lol I know i'm defiantly poor and retarded. I worked for every piece on the bike from the ground up so i'm not some spoiled d-bag)

As she is ridden in this photo she is at wait... crap idk lol i just bought a new wheelset which is like 1/2lb lighter... well anyway BEFORE the new wheelset she was 40.3 and I don't have a ti spring either.

The frame will be for sale sometime soon as I am un-sure that I will be riding for Commencal again this year or not. pm me if you are interested.

Attachments

Enduro

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
A country with no mountains
We will put a(some) boxxer(s) and some other parts on it tomorrow and go for a descent test ride and I will let you know.
Here it is:

Changes that were made from stock:

Marzocchi 888RCV to Boxxer w/ Solo Air cartridge
Marzocchi stem to Sunline integrated
Marzocchi Roco R to Vivid
stock bar to Burgtec Ridewide
Avid Code 5 to 07 Codes

44lbs exactly. Mind you, this bike still has some heavy ass stock parts on it like the Truvativ Ruktion cranks, 11-32 cassette, seat/seatpost, Commençal hubs and possibly DH tubes, which I've never ever needed with Maxxis dual plys.

Riding impressions will follow shortly.

Last edited: