Quantcast

2009 M6 Problem

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
So I finished building my new M6 last night and a ran into a problem and wanted to see if any of you might have some feedback.

2009 Large Intense M6 with CCDB WITH new 150MM M6 Marked dropouts.

Rear wheel STILL hits the seat tube?
Rear Linkage slightly hits the outside of the shock spring? Really cant notice this, but you can see it on the spring.

Any ideas?

skiforfree33

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
colorado
So I finished building my new M6 last night and a ran into a problem and wanted to see if any of you might have some feedback.

2009 Large Intense M6 with CCDB WITH new 150MM M6 Marked dropouts.

Rear wheel STILL hits the seat tube?
Rear Linkage slightly hits the outside of the shock spring? Really cant notice this, but you can see it on the spring.

Any ideas?
i am sorry but which ones are the marked dropouts?

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
Kenda Nevegal 2.5. The spring is the standard CCDB 400LB spring.

Also, I did check the i2i just to make sure it has the right length shock and it is 10.5 i2i....

I'm almost thinking it has the wrong linkage?

I can't figure it out.........bike looks awesome....I was gonna post some pics.......but she no worky......

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I'm almost thinking it has the wrong linkage?
Pics?

I doubt it is wrong linkage.

I used 2.7 maxxis tires(about the same as 2.5 kenda) and had no rub, I also have the same spring. Pics may help us, if not call intense or post over on MTBR in the Intense forum, Jeff and a few other from Intense are on there almost everyday.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
yeah, although when clearance is tight, since different tires have different profiles and heights, it makes a difference :monkeydance:
I'm just F'n around! Anyways, you shouldn't have any 2.5 tire clearance issues on any current model DH frames. I can understand 3" Gazzaloddi's with some double wides, but for the most part there is no reason a 2.5 shouldn't work. I'm sure Intense is on it.......... again. They are quite a good company.

JR. GANGSTA

Chimp
Sep 18, 2008
Durango, Co
I thought that my linkage rubbed my spring on my ccdb, but when I looked at it at a different angle with somebody else on the bike I saw that it didnt really rub but its really close.

I have raised my seat 3 different times and my tire still hits the seat when i bottom out, as you can see in the picture of me in the G Out project on litter mag.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
I think they only run clearance for a 2.5 maxxis=2.3 kenda.

If the linkage is hitting the spring, phone them up and get something done about it. It is completely un-acceptable on a frame like this to have any issues like this when they ship stock with a db and Ti spring.

intencivo

Chimp
Jan 24, 2007
Brazil
Maybe be the problem is the tire.
I'm ussing a 2.5 Maxxis and i never had this problem.
Check yours dropouts because the firt's M6 came if Socom dropouts, and the problems happens because this.