Quantcast

2009 cove shocker shock length?

soft-compound

Monkey
Dec 29, 2012
Right i have decided to give one of my frames away to get a good friend into riding.
I have decided to give him my balfa bb7 frame 2004 version.
As im going to build up my cove shocker 2009 as i have no space for parts and what not so one bike it is.

Anyway i was wondering what shock the cove takes im sure it is a 222mm i2i shock but could be a 3" stroke shock?
Reason i ask is i want to take the avalanche DHS shock from the balfa and put it on the frame then put a vivid rc2 on the balfa.
Reason is the avvy was a 227mm i2i shock and i had a 5mm spacer made to put behind the seal head.
So if needs be i can take that out and make it the original length.
I have looked on google and cove site but no luck.

soft-compound

Monkey
Dec 29, 2012
I was planning on buying a angleset and some offset bushings , and the NSB custom drop outs but instead what would adding the 227mm shock do? Would it be too slack and ruin the geometry or would this work without all the other bits mentioned?

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I was planning on buying a angleset and some offset bushings , and the NSB custom drop outs but instead what would adding the 227mm shock do? Would it be too slack and ruin the geometry or would this work without all the other bits mentioned?
I would try the NSB dropouts first, then try other methods if you don't like it. I liked my shocker alot with the NSB dropouts, didn't feel the need to make it any slacker.

Last edited: