Quantcast

2008 Trek Sessions

Sep 12, 2004
ok so whos got the info...i work at a trek shop. im working right now and looking at both the trek website, 2008 catalog, and the 2008 price list but there is no session listed besides the unchanged session 10!!!!

there is no 7 listed or shown and nothing about an 8in travel bike...whos got info!!!!!!!!! :bonk:

bwolmarans

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
The Angels, Kalifornia
hopefully the next session 77s will have a weak point on the frame beefed up (my pal broke two frames in exactly the same location). I think because it's was right on the weld both times it's not that the frame is getting stressed too much right there, its just that that may not be the best location for that weld and they probably should try running the seattube all the way down to the BB and put some big welds on it there. (you have to click the thumbnail )

Attachments

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
The 08 catalog that is out now is an early release. Because the session 10 was unchanged, they put it in. Now, supposedly, the 08 session 7's and or 8's are not finished yet, and there isn't even any publication of them. I do however have some super secret spy pix of the new remedies which look freaking hawt. 7 inches of travel at 28 pounds.

mmmm.... floating linky thing....

pssssssssssssstt....

december.

TheLoneRider

Chimp
Aug 24, 2007
Ellicott City, MD
That is definitely the Remedy SL 3 which will be released in December '07. The bike does have an 1.5" lower head tube that tapers to an 1 1/8" upper. As the first post about the Remedy said it will be a 7" travel bike that is only 28lbs. As for the '08 Session 8....nothing has been announced yet except that it will be unveiled in November '07. They didn't even have a prototype of the bike at the Trek World convention.

CMAC

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
Yay Area, CA
Wow, that remedy is... wild? It looks to me like the Nomad might have some serious competition. I just added to my bike corral by EP'ing a 2008 Fuel Ex 8 to accompany my session 10. I have a feeling that the 8 inch bike will someday be the cheese in my downhill bike and trailbike sandwich.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Wow, that remedy is... wild? It looks to me like the Nomad might have some serious competition. I just added to my bike corral by EP'ing a 2008 Fuel Ex 8 to accompany my session 10. I have a feeling that the 8 inch bike will someday be the cheese in my downhill bike and trailbike sandwich.
And what a delicious sandwich it will be !

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
7 inches of travel at 28 pounds.
Sales for that will be great. It's a dual-purpose rig. Popular with both Poser Boys who *need* a 7" trail bike and Racer Boys who ride way too hard for 28 pounds. I predict it will be sold out early in the year! :rant:

FWIW it does look pretty.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I mean hell, with the new evo link, and a few part changes (chainguide, tires, things of that nature) you could have a nasty little mini dh rig.

TheLoneRider

Chimp
Aug 24, 2007
Ellicott City, MD
I already plan on Ep'ing a Remedy SL3 to use a dual purpose ride. I have ridden the EX 9.5 and can tell you the new suspension feels great. I took it off a couple ladders and the suspension felt endless. The wheels are the new Bontrager Rythm wheels which are a 28mm rim as apposed to the standad 25mm cross rim or a 32mm free ride wheel. For me it will be the perfect mix.

I think this truly encompasses an all mountain bike.

Sep 12, 2004
well our trek rep was in the shop today and i asked him about the bigger full sus line up for 2008. first off, he said that the remedy is still a 6in travel trail bike but with a more slack front end than last yr - he expects it to be coming out late (think november/december). also since the remedy's will be using treks new (and im my mind completely stupid) 1.5 to 1.125 custom taper fox forks, there wouldnt be a way to change out the fork until trek or someone made an adapter? i asked him if you could put a 1.5in headset cup on the bottom and an 1.125in cup on top but the rep said he wasnt sure if the headset was a custom press in BS so he didnt know if that would work.

onto more dumb trek news in my mind, they discontinued the session 7 series and are only making the session 8 series which will be totally new and there is a high chance it will have that new full floater system. i think its dumb to add more travel onto the series, i wish they just adapted the full floater to the stander 170mm travel session frame, cut some weight an have been done with it.

i guess im just going to go with this much lighter faux bar suspension frame this yr...?

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
well our trek rep was in the shop today and i asked him about the bigger full sus line up for 2008. first off, he said that the remedy is still a 6in travel trail bike but with a more slack front end than last yr - he expects it to be coming out late (think november/december). also since the remedy's will be using treks new (and im my mind completely stupid) 1.5 to 1.125 custom taper fox forks, there wouldnt be a way to change out the fork until trek or someone made an adapter? i asked him if you could put a 1.5in headset cup on the bottom and an 1.125in cup on top but the rep said he wasnt sure if the headset was a custom press in BS so he didnt know if that would work.

onto more dumb trek news in my mind, they discontinued the session 7 series and are only making the session 8 series which will be totally new and there is a high chance it will have that new full floater system. i think its dumb to add more travel onto the series, i wish they just adapted the full floater to the stander 170mm travel session frame, cut some weight an have been done with it.

i guess im just going to go with this much lighter faux bar suspension frame this yr...?
The reason why there is no session 7 is the remedy is not a 6 in bike, but rather a 7. Theres no need for two 7 in bikes.

Sep 12, 2004
The reason why there is no session 7 is the remedy is not a 6 in bike, but rather a 7. Theres no need for two 7 in bikes.
see this is where there is conflict...my trek rep said that it was still a 6inch bike.

if the remedy is 7inches...itd be worth a wait to check out the geo but i dont want a 6inch trail bike

TheLoneRider

Chimp
Aug 24, 2007
Ellicott City, MD
see this is where there is conflict...my trek rep said that it was still a 6inch bike.

if the remedy is 7inches...itd be worth a wait to check out the geo but i dont want a 6inch trail bike
When I was at trek world and saw the Remedy SL4 in person they announced it as a 7" travel bike. I wanted to demo one but they have produced enough of them yet. I took that picture that was posted earlier in this thread.

Your rep doesn't know what he is talking about except for the release date.

M

mountainbk20

My rep sent my a copy of the 2008 remedy promo catalogue thing. It is "based around a 150mm wheel travel platform". Think fuel ex but longer travel. Same abp, evo link,and full floater. Plus the E2 fork technology, which I see as a positive. Depending on the model it has either a fox or a rockshox. It has the same benefit of a full 1.5 steer tube, but with less weight. All of the bikes have the same fox RP23 XV can designed specifically for this bike. From the pictures of it that I have it looks like an awsome bike. I like the full floater design and feel, and can't wait to try it on something with a little more travel.