Quantcast

2008 Trek Sessions

Sep 12, 2004
ive been saying this same thing to myself for about 3 weeks. i have an 05...which is an 06 which is an 07. except in 05 it was 170mm travel and in 06 and 07 (if im right) they switched to 180mm.

i hope they do change some stuff on the bike - some weight shaving would be nice but i really doubt theyre going to change the suspension design...if they did a mini session10 would be awsome (minus the huge bottom bracket section)

Nov 27, 2006
CA, San Jose
that would be sweet if they went with the concentric pivot and shaved a bit of weight, maybe they could even go with the floating shock system even though im not quiet sure what it does.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
i heard rumors that they are working on a new DH race bike based on the session 10 suspension design with 8 inch travel.I love the sessions they are my favorite bikes.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i heard rumors that they are working on a new DH race bike based on the session 10 suspension design with 8 inch travel.I love the sessions they are my favorite bikes.
yea, also with the split pivot design

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Session 10 is not changing. There is a new model called the weapon 8 which uses the apb pivot thing ala the new fuels. The weapon 8 is unlikely to be a DH race bike....its coming with totems.
Realease date is January.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Session 10 is not changing. There is a new model called the weapon 8 which uses the apb pivot thing ala the new fuels. The weapon 8 is unlikely to be a DH race bike....its coming with totems.
Realease date is January.
got any pictures???

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
all i know is that my bro talked to a trek guy at sea otter and he said that there going to come out with a session 8 for this year or next...

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
all i know is that my bro talked to a trek guy at sea otter and he said that there going to come out with a session 8 for this year or next...
ok but is the session 8 the bike that is based on the suspension design off the 10 or not??So Trek is bringing 2 new Freeride/DH bikes for their Gravity line up.Can't wait to see those bikes.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
at crankworx there was a trek team riding the session 8. they looked awesome, and they were all racing them. i loved the feel of the session 77 frame, but it was too heavy. i was talking to shandro during camp (he was the organizer of it) and he hadn't ridden one yet, he was shredding his session 10 all over the place. i'd consider one if they turned out to look nice and work well, but i just don't have a good feeling about trek, i guess i'm just concerned with the quality of such a huge mainstream brand.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Any why exactly aren't totems racable?
Totems are 100% "racable". I just think its unlikely that a company will produce a DH race bike and spec it with totems especially Trek.
That said there is a Sunday with totems this year I think so its possible.

I really hope that Im wrong and the Trek is a kick ass race bike.

CMAC

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
Yay Area, CA
at crankworx there was a trek team riding the session 8. they looked awesome, and they were all racing them. i loved the feel of the session 77 frame, but it was too heavy. i was talking to shandro during camp (he was the organizer of it) and he hadn't ridden one yet, he was shredding his session 10 all over the place. i'd consider one if they turned out to look nice and work well, but i just don't have a good feeling about trek, i guess i'm just concerned with the quality of such a huge mainstream brand.
Yea... the quality of a mainstream brand like Trek.... I dont know.... sounds kinda sketchy. ARE YOU RETARDED!???!! They have the most money in cycling becuase of Lance/ Discovery, they have a 3 year warantee on the bikes and the sessions are burly as ****. You probably ride a kona

TommyT

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
yeah i was really interested in the new session 8's.....my buddies were suppose to be demoing them at crankworks....but i guess that fell through HA!........but anyways i was going back to my hotel room and noticed a **** load of session 10's being built some with custom paintjobs.....i went in closer to investigate and they had the new session 8 right theree on a stand.....it was tottally differnt in design then the 10. It had kinda like a "rocker pivot" i guess really similar to the demo 8's and the pivot was attached to the shock and was close to the top of the frame like the konas link ya know? also the shock was in a differnt position....it was upright like the session 7's and ironhorse sundays......the bike looked pretty nice actually....it difently looks abit beef so im guessing its still gonna be advertised as a freeride bike....but like everything looked nice just from looking at it i could tell it would have a more refined feel on the trails i think.....but yeah i asked the guys who were there about it cuz i was pretty amazed and they didnt tell me anything...super DL haha they didnt even tell me it was a trek even though it said right on the frame in big lettering....the designer of the bikes was there too but he didnt say a single word.....shandro keeps commenting about how the bike is "faster" its "faster" thats all the guy will say to anyone....its "faster" man way "faster"

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Yea... the quality of a mainstream brand like Trek.... I dont know.... sounds kinda sketchy. ARE YOU RETARDED!???!! They have the most money in cycling becuase of Lance/ Discovery, they have a 3 year warantee on the bikes and the sessions are burly as ****. You probably ride a kona
i ride yetis actually, 2 of them. i've never even touched a kona except for when i had to ride one as a rental at whistler. i didn't know about the 3 year warranty, but i do know what they've had little issues such as weird play in the linkage on the session 7 and 77. i rode a session 7 in colorado and loved it, but the component spec was a mess. that was when they first came out though. i know their warranty program is good, but i've still seen a bunch of kids on the treks, not the sessions though, seriously destroying their bikes, sometimes getting cracks on welds. they get new bikes quickly because of the warranty program being well established, but i'd rather have a bike that stays together rather than wait for warranty, regardless of how quick it is.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I was interested t see that Shandro had a custom 3.5" stroke DHX on his bike at Whistler a couple of weeks ago.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
yup, he just started riding for fox. he didn't say anything about it, but i'm hoping that it is a proto or something that might come out.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
I Have Been Riding A Session 7 For About A Year And Half, And I Have Put That Thing Through Hell. I Have Raced It And Have Use It As Trail Bike. It Is Not A Lite Bike By Any Means. But It Tracks Great And Pedals Really Well For Such Heavy Bike. NOW THERE ISN'T ANYTHING STOCK ABOUT MY BIKE. I HAVE REPLACED ALMOST EVERTHING THAT CAME ON THE BIKE. PARTS SPEC LEAVE TO BE DESIRED.

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
we have the new 2008 booklets and the session 10 is still white, setup with revox and travis along with sram XO and x9 with code brakes and all that bontrager garbage

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
we have the new 2008 booklets and the session 10 is still white, setup with revox and travis along with sram XO and x9 with code brakes and all that bontrager garbage
So it's the same bike 3 years running? They could at least paint them a different color :disgust1: