Quantcast

2008 Supreme DH owners

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
I just got this frame back from Commencal, and have been inspecting it and wandering wether to ride it or sell it.

I looked at the large picture of the frameset (http://shop1.actinicexpress.co.uk/shops/bikeactive/images/catalog/Frame_SupremeDH-L.jpg). And pictures of my old frame and I've noticed a difference.

This picture is taken at the back of the bike, and the gusset(?) seems to be much longer on any of the frames I've seen.

I cracked the frame in that spot last year, but i wouldn't imagine them sending me a custom swingarm.

Any 2008 supreme dh have this? any signs of damage yet? cracking my frame in 2 places after 5 months of riding has me been a bit cautious

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
sorry, off topic, but how long did it take for you to get a replacement?

i am starting to get worried about my bike. commencal have been sub par lately, not even replying to emails.

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
Well I have the 2008 Supreme DH replica Team, and I can tell you the gusset defiantly isn't that long compared to the one in your picture. How did you manage to crack yours down there?

Could have been a problem with the 2008 Commencal's....

I've only cracked my 2006 Commencal DH supreme in the Head tube area.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
sorry, off topic, but how long did it take for you to get a replacement?
5 or 6 weeks, no phone calls, no nothing, they said 3-4 weeks. thankfully its the end of the season over here so i didn't mind too much but that little contact was pretty crappy

Commencal-guy said:
Well I have the 2008 Supreme DH replica Team, and I can tell you the gusset defiantly isn't that long compared to the one in your picture. How did you manage to crack yours down there?

Could have been a problem with the 2008 Commencal's....

I've only cracked my 2006 Commencal DH supreme in the Head tube area
I have no idea, my friends cracked in the exact same place (both 2007). Mine also cracked in the headtube area(just like my friends). We do ride everyday all day so obviously wear and tear happens but I'd only had the bike built up for 3 months..

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
5 or 6 weeks, no phone calls, no nothing, they said 3-4 weeks. thankfully its the end of the season over here so i didn't mind too much but that little contact was pretty crappy

I have no idea, my friends cracked in the exact same place (both 2007). Mine also cracked in the headtube area(just like my friends). We do ride everyday all day so obviously wear and tear happens but I'd only had the bike built up for 3 months..

Maybe just bad luck eh?

I've had mine since the beginning of last January, and I've had no problems what so ever with my 2008 Commencal. Its been ridden hundreds of times this past season and mines been holding up 100%. How much do you weigh?

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
~65-70kg i'm a pretty smooth rider most of the time (isn't everyone on the interent haha).

i think the crack on the swingarm might of been something to do with the wheelbase adjustment not been aligned perfectly, it's the only thing i can think of, that huge new gusset should fix that right up though, headtube crack though i don't really have an answer to, seem to crack pretty often there.

i'm certainly rocking commencal again next year, i ride in andorra(base for commencal) so it's pretty easy to talk to the guys there if you see them in the bike shops or whatever