Quantcast

2008 NMBS Calender

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Yes, Magnum BOI!

And I have no idea how he'll pull off developing a trail system....I say MOVE IT TO PLATTY!
Meh....have no fear! He's ridden there tons and I think already has an idea of how he wants things laid out. He knows the mountain for sure. Plus I doubt Windham would have gotten the race if they didn't have a plan of action in place and were able to pitch it convincingly.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I have no clue how this works, will they farm out people to also build the XC/DS/Super D courses? This is the part of Windham doing the race that perplexes me.

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
Interesting, thanks guys. If it is 4.5 hours from me I may just make thr drive down and show up. Plattekill is more like 8 hours from me in Montreal (Albany is just under 4).
If you can make Albany in 4hrs and it takes another 4hrs for you to get to Platty you are taking some wrong turns.

Both Platty and Windham are a little over an hour from Albany.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I have no clue how this works, will they farm out people to also build the XC/DS/Super D courses? This is the part of Windham doing the race that perplexes me.
same as any other pro XC course.

A chainsaw, very little time, 2 weeks in advance of the race......and no concern for topography, passing, flow, etc.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
windham thats bannanas. mt snow is out. thats nuts. that could be a sick course if the geology is similar to platt. its definatley not as steep as platt.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
A lot of the xc course is probably already there.....just clear out grown over double track add in bits of singletrack.....

Windham is a great addition to the calender....maybe i'll even go to it.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
A lot of the xc course is probably already there.....just clear out grown over double track add in bits of singletrack.....

Windham is a great addition to the calender....maybe i'll even go to it.
But that's just it, there are seemingly no bike trails at Windham! (as far as I know, that is). Or at least, no DH/lift access specifically built trails. Maybe i'm just overblowing it, but it seems like a lot to create from scratch.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it - just an hour away from home!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
But that's just it, there are seemingly no bike trails at Windham! (as far as I know, that is). Or at least, no DH/lift access specifically built trails. Maybe i'm just overblowing it, but it seems like a lot to create from scratch.
Isn't that hard to build a DH trail, assuming its laid out half decent to start with......theres no need to spend 600 hours constructing it....

.....just gotta make sure to cut the stumps underground so they don't stick up later and rake/scrape random debris off a few times.......

Then it will be a freshy trail......some people will complain because its fresh, some people will love it because its fresh.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
No Sugar Mtn National for 2008. Somehow I didn't think that date would fly, but I guess the whole thing is gone. As of today:

Butch,
As of this past weekend, Sugar has decided not to host a 2008 National Series event. Many variables lead to this decision. It was not easy and one we labored over for quite a while. However, we do plan to take a fresh look at hosting an event in 2009 and will continue to make strong efforts to maintain and grow the mountain bike program at Sugar fro years to come.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Harry and Evan, you two are gonna be top 5 junior x on the series. You guys have times faster than the semi pro guys at all the PNW races :)

Good luck, and hopefully one or both of you will make it to worlds. Its scary to think you two could be great semi pro riders when your only 15 and 16. Good luck this season.

Well do some riding when i move back next summer :) maybe ill come out to a national with you guys.