Quantcast

2007 66 Sl Ata

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
I am looking at picking up one of these forks for my Bottlerocket. I am about 185lbs and will be taking this fork to Whislter and the Shore next year as well as local Socal shuttle runs. I am also avoiding the RC2X because I want to be able to lower the fork for climbing on local trail rides. Is the weight difference between the two (RC2 ETA is a full pound heavier) worth getting the SL ATA if I am going to trail ride every week with the bike? Have the later 07 SL ATA models gotten rid of some of the travel loss issues from earlier in the year? Thanks for the help.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
the "travel loss" you are refering to is the ATA auto wind-down that many 66SL ATA owners suffered from. There is a legitimate fix that you can do yourself. Here is the link to the MTBR thread that I wrote about it:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=339566
oh yea, it's not a bad fork. If you want a 66 that you can reduce the travel on, yet not lock it down with ETA, then this model is a good choice.

koffee

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
I just bought a 07 SL w/ATA. Right out of the box I had an issue with the air stem for the ATA. I called Marz, And they send out a new air chamber and oil next day shipped for free. I have about 5 rides on the fork and it already feels great. Be prepared there are alot of adjustments so getting it dialed in takes time. The bright side is that you can tune the fork anyway you like. There was an issue with wind down. Basicially the springs for the ATA detent adjuster were not strong enough. For 5 bucks you can easily fix it, And it does not happen to all forks. It's early but so far I like my fork.

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Thanks guys. After reading some more posts, I am thinking that the ETA and reliability is worth the extra pound of weight. My Brocket is already close to 40lbs anyway so I may as well go for the beast:).