Quantcast

2005 kona photos

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Nice site Partsbara. But i've already see the most of the models. But it is nice to see them all in one vieuw. A bikemate from is gonna buy himself a Stinky 05, he ordered it 2 weeks ago. I like the Garbanzo model, they are renting in the Whistler freeridepark.

:devil: :evil:

Yup, the Stab Garbonzo rental bikes are in use now.

Scroll towards the middle of the page:
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/bike/rentals/

I would def ' go for Stab supreme. O men.it looks like Dutch pride, with the red.white and bleu colours in that frame.

And i have actaully ridden that Hotrod of them.. kind of weird in the beginning, but very cool. Difficult to get it around corners.

2004 Kona Stab Garbanzo Rental Bike

2004 Stab Garbanzo Rental Bike Specifications
Frame sizes: Small, Med, Long
Frame tubing: Kona Stab 7" rear wheel travel
Rear Shock: Fox Vanilla RC with ProPedal
Fork: Marzocchi 888R 7" travel
Braze-on fittings: Rear disc mount
Crankarms: Race Face North Shore DH
B/B: Race Face Evolve DH
Pedals: Kona Jack**** looseball replaceable pin
Freewheel: SRAM 11-32 9 speed
F/D: e.Thirteen
R/D: SRAM X.0
Shifters: SRAM Impulse X-9 (right side only)
Handlebar: Race Face Diabolus
Stem: Race Face Diabolus
Brakes: Hayes HFX-
Brake Levers: Hayes HFX
Front hub: Mavic Deemax
Rear hub: Mavic Deemax
Tires: WTB DH
Rims: Mavic Deemax
Saddle: WTB DH

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I am gonna have to update the stable...

Stinky Primo to be replaced w/Stinky Supreme
Bear Deluxe to be replaced w/Coiler Primo or Dawg Primo
Old Humu Humu to be replaced w/ New Humu Humu'
Haole scandium to be replaced w/Sutra

The new Humu' and Sutra are the best new bikes IMO!

Great link parts, I can't wait to see them all in person in just a few more days!

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I can hear the evil/e.13 guys cringing as they see those horribly set-up guides.

Do the set-and-forget 888's have a cartridge, or are they like the monster t 2's (just a big jr.t....)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
the stab supreme looked insane in the flesh...

def'n the nicest kona dh rig to date... 7" 888 and all the fruit... dhx 5.0, e13, sun mtx

partsbara

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
punkassean said:
it doesn't look funny to me :confused:
not funny as in it sucks or is stupid. i meant funny because that the tubes are downwards and that thing is shooting straight in the oppostie direction.

~SGD

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
chicodude01 said:
what, just because im not excited about a new paint job on the same ol' bikes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No just because we already had this topic back a month ago when parts first posted "spy" pics...

But mostly because there is more going on here than color/decal changes. The DH bikes got floaters(huge improvement!), The Coiler's went to 6" travel F&R, the Dawgs went to 5" travel F&R, they now have a track/road/CX bike with sliding replaceable disc drop-outs, The spec is all new with E.13 and Fox DHX and Marz 66/888 etc, They brought back the Humu humu!!!! the list goes on, just because they improved on old designs doesn't make it the same old stuff...although yes, the decals are new and I for one like the new stenciled look. It's just that you are not completely correct that's all...

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Okay, maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I don't see any difference between the Stinky Supreme and the Stab Supreme.

I'm diggin the Coiler Primo.

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Pip3r said:
i think they need to get those chainguides rotated up! :eek:
i hope they can. Does it hit the swingarm? And do these frames have iscg tabs? if so, are they welded all wrong like cannondale and intense did? too many secrets :help:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
RD said:
i hope they can. Does it hit the swingarm? And do these frames have iscg tabs? if so, are they welded all wrong like cannondale and intense did? too many secrets :help:
The regular Stab had the guide installed correct but the Supreme bikes (Stab/Stinky) are rotated down. I am also concerned about possible interference of the swingarm. It looks like though you could rotate the guide waaaaay forward in front of the main pivot. That would put the lower roller at around 9 o'clock but I think that would be better than 6 o'clock where it not only doesn't tension the chain but will get smashed off on a rock or log.

The only crappy thing about these new Konas is that now I have to rethink getting a Demo8 and quite possible pick up a Stinky Supreme :think: ...... :drool: floating brake :drool: 888R :drool: E.13 :drool: Fox DHX :drool: Battleship gray

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
punkassean said:
The regular Stab had the guide installed correct but the Supreme bikes (Stab/Stinky) are rotated down. I am also concerned about possible interference of the swingarm. It looks like though you could rotate the guide waaaaay forward in front of the main pivot. That would put the lower roller at around 9 o'clock but I think that would be better than 6 o'clock where it not only doesn't tension the chain but will get smashed off on a rock or log.

The only crappy thing about these new Konas is that now I have to rethink getting a Demo8 and quite possible pick up a Stinky Supreme :think: ...... :drool: floating brake :drool: 888R :drool: E.13 :drool: Fox DHX :drool: Battleship gray

Is it actually possible to rotate it or do they have welded iscg tabs?

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Y in hell would they make 2 bikes Stinky Supreme and Stab Supreme with ALL the same stuff except the rims, how stupid. Gotta love the name Supreme after them, sounds like something at taco bell.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
merrrrjig said:
Y in hell would they make 2 bikes Stinky Supreme and Stab Supreme with ALL the same stuff except the rims, how stupid. Gotta love the name Supreme after them, sounds like something at taco bell.
Uh, namely for the geometry differences of dh racing and shore riding, me thinks.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
chicodude01 said:
it looks like the same old stuff with new logos

That's beacuse it is....

Yeah people are going to say that the floating brake is a HUGE improvement and the difference is night and day...keep in mind that the Stab Primo was first released in 2000!!! We're looking at the 2005 model here!!! Originally in 2001 Kona said that it didn't really need a floating arm. Maybe adding one was just a way to delay the design/production of a newer DH frame. 5 years is almost enough time for bike companies to go through 2 different DH bike designs. If they were focusing on, and designing some new awesome frame where everything else had to wait, then I would understand (ie Santa Cruz), but that's not the case. It looks like they spent all their energy finding new names for their bikes.