Quantcast

2005 kona european launch

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
hello

been away a bit lately... pretty busy with the new job et al... spent 4 days last week at the 2005 kona bike launch at bad wildbad in germany... awesome, big thanks to jimbo, dan and dewy...

what a show, and the 05 line up looks schweeeeettt...

let kick this thread off with the stab supreme...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
one very sick trail bike... coiler deelux... you should see the spec on the coiler supreme (fox dhx 5.0 marz 66 RC etc).... i must have one

prices to match...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
on the second (or was it third ??) night, dan had a surprise for us all... a hefty 3 km hike UPHILL all the way... arrived atop a nice mountain with a killer view... beer started flowing (again) and we ate some mad german noodle and chicken stuff... the euro lads were in full swing and the aroma of hash etc filled the air for most of the evening.... i didn t partake cause drugs are bad blah blah...

anyway, here is the view at the beginning of the night

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
i don t wanna p1ss anyone off ;), but here was the deal... 4 days / 3 nights away... nice hotel... all meals and drinks... yes, whatever you wanted... top shelf liquor - no problems... throw in free lift tickets and associated schwag and you get the picture... an insane time...

we arrived late, around 7 pm on the first day... didn t get to ride day 2 as ben and i got pretty plastered... i think we got to bed around 4 am... we toned down the boozing a little for the remainder of the time and got some sick DH in... plus i jumped the dreaded gap jump on the DH... stoked

heres a little, actually tiny, DJ shot post DH frenzy... a nice way to end the day...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
I love konas, (hence the ownage of a 03 stinky 9) but Jeesh, what's different than last year for fu**s sake besides colors?
Knuckle
what bike knuck ??? i have all the specs here... euro specs anyway, i suspect the US deal will be similar if not exactly the same

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
I love konas, (hence the ownage of a 03 stinky 9) but Jeesh, what's different than last year for fu**s sake besides colors?
Knuckle
changes since last year:

Stab Primo/Supreme: Floating brake/revised dropouts
Stinky Supreme: Shared frame with Stab Primo now 8" travel with Fox DHX and 888
Coiler: 6" travel with 66 fork
Dawg: 5" travel front and rear (up from 4")
Cowan: available as complete bike HT and FS frameset.

should I keep going????

every year gets a little better, it's called refinement.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
Funny, my calender says its june 04 ;)
and your point is ?????

am i a little too late for you mr industry insider ??? :rolleyes:

sorry if it s old news for you mate, but i ve been away... for those who care, the show was held from the 27 - 30 may 04...

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by partsbara
and your point is ?????

am i a little too late for you mr industry insider ??? :rolleyes:

sorry if it s old news for you mate, but i ve been away... for those who care, the show was held from the 27 - 30 may 04...
sorry, that comment wasnt directed towards your pictures, it was towards Kona, i for one think they should wait more than 6mos to release next years lineup. And this is the first time ive seen any of these pics

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
sorry, that comment wasnt directed towards your pictures, it was towards Kona, i for one think they should wait more than 6mos to release next years lineup. And this is the first time ive seen any of these pics
no worries...

this is europe mate, the people here get a little weird if the bike they are riding is over 9 months old and has an old school paint job :)
;)

partsbara

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Kona did their US launch this time last year, it's no big deal. Shops are pretty much sold out of '04 high end Kona's by this time of year anyway. Kona does small numbers of their more expensive bikes, I was the manager of the #1 Kona dealer in CA for the past 3 years and early releases never hurt our sales. PARTS! more pics....pahleeeeeze!!!! Coiler Supreme...Dawg Primo (Supreme?)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by punkassean
PARTS! more pics....pahleeeeeze!!!! Coiler Supreme...Dawg Primo (Supreme?)
sorry mate, pretty much out of photos... when i wasn t riding i was drinkin !

maybe i ll have some more photos when i get together with the lads at work next week... i ll post more then

partsbara

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by Rip
That is not the hoss, since when does hoss end in two f's.

That is the Stuff.
i stand corrected... shoulda looked a little harder... thank you sir, i promise to proof edit my photos next time ;)

partsbara

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
hey partsbara, since u seem to be in the loop with kona, would u know the approx weight of the stinky frame? i have a 2001 and want to know. i emailed kona but somehow missed the question

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Anders said:
hey partsbara, since u seem to be in the loop with kona, would u know the approx weight of the stinky frame? i have a 2001 and want to know. i emailed kona but somehow missed the question
sorry mate, i have no idea

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
I was also there. So much fun, and beer! The worst music I have ever heard!! I wonder were Jimbo found all of those crappy musicians.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hey partsbara, you do realize you can attach at least 3 images per post under this new system, no? :thumb:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Toshi said:
hey partsbara, you do realize you can attach at least 3 images per post under this new system, no? :thumb:
yeah, i realize... but the post was started before the new look RM was in place...

does anyone else find that the new system runs slower ????

parts