Quantcast

2005 Iron Horse Sunday Team

viper49

Chimp
Apr 8, 2009
Please Help... Anyone knows where I can get a New DW link conversion kit for my 2005. I like to use the newer rear shock, so that I am net restrict to just the Progressive 5 Element only. I called Randall Scott and they said they don't have any.
Another problem now I am experiencing is that when I push down hard the seat and let the shock return to is normal position and I could hard a click noise like the shock's piston is hit the top of the housing. I believe the 2005 Iron Horse comes with a Progressive 5th Element shock and the Dimension is 9.5 X 3. I believe the shock is gone so I find one on Craig list with the same dimension
Your reply is very much appreciated.

Apr 8, 2003
kangaroo land.
i think ih sunday r 8.75 x 2.75 shocks size
no it uses the 9.5 x 3.0 size.

you can get the 5th rebuilt/modified to a shim stack by avalance, otherwise you will need a "red" lower link from '06 models to run any other shock apart from the fifth.
unfortunately your going to have to hunt around for one. Or try and locate a full F7 link kit which was used on the 07,08 & 09 models, it has new lower link design as standard.

Last edited:

brokeONE

Monkey
Feb 2, 2002
asheville,NC
I'm not 100 percent positive about this ,but i'm pretty sure you could put cane creek double barrel shock on it with out replacing linkage. The say they custom make each shock.