Quantcast

2004 Stab Primo help

DudeB

Chimp
Sep 6, 2003
north, Finland
Hello

I´m purchasing this frame and I need your help. I know rear hub is 12mm, but what is the width? Someone told me it would be 145mm but it seem kind odd? Who makes these kind of hubs?

Also, will my old boxxer with flat crown fit on that one or do I need to buy a new drop one?

Does anyone know weight for Primo, xtr´s, boxxer, 521´s, king, thomson, taper would be the parts.. Approximately?

Oh, what kind of bb should be on that one?

Thanks!

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
Originally posted by DudeB
Hello

I´m purchasing this frame and I need your help. I know rear hub is 12mm, but what is the width? Someone told me it would be 145mm but it seem kind odd? Who makes these kind of hubs?

Also, will my old boxxer with flat crown fit on that one or do I need to buy a new drop one?

Does anyone know weight for Primo, xtr´s, boxxer, 521´s, king, thomson, taper would be the parts.. Approximately?

Oh, what kind of bb should be on that one?

Thanks!
According to MBA's article on the 04 Kona line, the '04 Stab Primo uses a 12x165mm rear hub. Formula makes one of these, your other options are the Hugi FR and the Ringle Abbah; I'm not aware of any others off the top of my head.

The BB should be a 100mm shell, if you have a 165 rear hub you can't get a good chainline with a 68 or 73, and I hope Kona is sharp enough to realize this. If it's a 100mm shell, you'll have to run ISIS cranks or 48-spline (Profile style) steel cranks with a 6 7/8" spindle.

However, looking at the spec's, it has a Race Face Evolve DH bb, which is not available in 100mm. So either their spec is off or their design is a little questionable.

I really can't answer about the boxxer; I'd imagine the flat crown would fit but that's just a guess.

Weight? :confused: Mid 40s I guess, 44-45?

DudeB

Chimp
Sep 6, 2003
north, Finland
Hey, thanks!

I´m sceptic about all this.. why the *ell they will not post dimensions on their site :(

My dealer told me it will include vanilla dh only, no post, no hub.. this doesnt make any sense if you read konas site.. no shock, but hub + post inc...

Anyway, I emailed to kona about it, hopefully they will clarify all this disorientation..

Konas site also says all bikes has 68mm shell!?

Keep posting if you know anything about it!! If someone has 2003 model, could you be kind and measure the hub,

thanks