Quantcast

11 weeks late... the M3 Light arrives

CJM

Chimp
Aug 28, 2007
just wondering what you think of the gammut, its pretty much the lightest guide out there with a bash but i heard its noisy.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
The Gamut is alright. It is noisy, but that is because the roller is a hard plastic and doesn't dampen the noise any. I have had the chain come off with the Gamut, but not while riding. I bought it because it was light. However, I don't need a bashring so I will likely be switching to the LG1 come the start of next season.

Got to rock practice on the M3 today and holy poo. That bike is amazing. A bit noisy but after I got my tires swapped out and aired to the right pressure, we were in business and it was amazing. Not buttery smooth, but close and faster than heck too. I felt extremely comfortable where I hadn't before.

-Kevin

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Ok, what was the explanation as to why this pimp mobile was soooooo f'ng late on it's arrival??
Intense was a bit slower at getting the batches that were supposed to be done before the M3's done than they thought I guess. Overall I'm not too upset. It made it in time for the last race.

How do you compare it to that session 10?
I loved the way the [session 10] rode through the really fast steep smooth stuff. It was incredibly stiff(laterally) and stable. The rear suspension is not as the M3 and doesn't seem as plush either. Now when I finally got one of the S10 frames setup and working correctly it was a very nice ride in all conditions. I think I actually would have preffered a S10 at the last Hood race.

I know that I was a whole lot faster on the M3 on saturday in practice than I have ever been on the Session 10. But come sunday I was a little slower. It could have been the sub 50 temperatures and my lack of blood flow that made me a bit slower sunday.
I certainly noticed a huge difference in ride between the two bikes.
The Session10 certainly plows stuff better than the M3 despite the minimal difference in travel. There is a large difference in wheelbase and weight(about 7lbs and a little over 1" wheelbase different), which could have easily effected the ride.

I do noticed that the Boxxer WC is not as plush as the Travis Triple Ti which makes me a little anxious to get the WC broken in further so I can make a more accurate judgement. I'm sitting about 95psi in the fork and using 90% of my travel on the hard hits, yet Sram says that I should be at 120-140psi.

Overall it's a toss. I would need to set up both frames with the same parts to get a better analysis of how they compare. Both are nice.

-Kevin

As a side note, the M3 is more reactive under braking than the S10, but not a whole lot.
The ride of the M3 is also very loud and sounds much like my friends Foes Fly's. Theres alot of clacking within the monocoque frame.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
ya they are super loud, i notice that everytime i watch one on the course
Clack Clack Clack Clackity Clackity Ting Ting... The sound of an M3.

As a side note, the M3 already needs a new set of pedals, a new juicy lever clamp and I need a new helmet.

I was pedaling and hit a couple rocks which gouged the pedals pretty bad and ripped out a good portion of the pins on both pedals. That same incident sent me off course and into a rock where I cracked my helmet. I'm not sure when the clamp on the juicy's broke.

I ended up 4th overall for my first season with only 4 races and 3 of the races had crashes, one had no chain. I'm psyched.

-Kevin