Quantcast

08 Norcos, worth a look...

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Hate, hate, hate. Is that all we do now when a company puts a new idea out? Has Norco became too popular for us so we hate it like the other big companies?

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
They look like walmart bikes. For 2008, Norco has sucessfully made their bikes look cheaper than before.

Right, cause Orange has definitely set the standard for visual excellence and innovation the past couple years.

Thats a lame comment and you know it. The bikes easily show a considerable amount of improvement and innovation on Norco's part, and will likely still come in at a great pricepoint. Gotta admit, the paint jobs on some don't quite get me stiff, but the frame details and shaping look nice.

Although with all the new companies new lines looking more and more shapely, makes me wonder if somebody has a sale on Hydroform tubes over in asia or something....:D

L

luelling

They kinda remind me of an ugly SX. The best looking bike is the team DH..IMO

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I have to admit, my experience hydroforming my weiner is unfortunately less then I like, so I can't compare it to sex.

I am glad to see it showing up further and further down the budget line though, that can only be a good thing.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I like the new shore but the a line looks like it was attacked by graffiti fans, drunk and drugged.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nothing wrong with a little snobbiness when its you expensive hobby and its doesn't translate into snobs on the trail.

I will gladly join the snobs when it comes to the new Norcos.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
Got to ride a 2008 Atomic last wednesday. It was a bit small and maybe a tad under sprung for my weight, but all in all I was pretty impressed. The angles felt pretty good and it cornered differently but almost on par with my glory. One thing I did notice is that I could feel much more of the small stuff then with my glory. All in all it was a pretty good ride. I'm interested to see how the team DH feals in a couple of weeks with the different rear shock.