Quantcast

08 Marzocchi "Service" manuals

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
Does anyone know where to view a service manual for a 08 Marz 55TST2?
The Marz site has the "tech manual" , but this doesn't help w/ tear down.
I've been rebuilding motorcycle forks and mtb forks for a couple years now, but with new adjustments and features, I always like to see the tear down first. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Bernie

-I have this odd urge to check oil levels?..

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
This is the most comprehensive site I've seen: http://manualer.happymtb.org/marzocchi/

I didn't see one specifically for the 55, but it might possibly be hidden under another name.

At least Marzocchi does not radically change their designs, so you might gleam enough information from another manual.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'll have to pick the closest one. Maybe calling Marz may get merit the proper one. Thanks for the info!

Bernie
Sadly, I don't think it is the case.

Someone pointed out how most after-market motorcycle fork manufacturers have full schematics and manuals.

Funny how it is safe for someone riding a 250lb machine that can go 100mph to take apart his fork but not a vehicle going 30mph.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Sadly, I don't think it is the case.

Someone pointed out how most after-market motorcycle fork manufacturers have full schematics and manuals.

Funny how it is safe for someone riding a 250lb machine that can go 100mph to take apart his fork but not a vehicle going 30mph.

Maybe it was just a rumor, but I thought it had to do with some idiots suing Marzocchi. They have full schematics and service instructions on their site for their moto forks, but they wouldn't(couldn't?) send me a tech manual for my bike fork, but that was a few years ago.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
People sue for anything these days. If I knew I could have sued for spilling hot coffee on myself, I would be just sending my stuff off to get repaired.
I'll just have to figure it out by just taking it apart. I'll still keep the manual search up though.

Bernie