Quantcast

06 junior t springs

klutch

Monkey
Jan 25, 2007
dirty jersey
Does anyone know of such a beast to stiffen the spring rate. Do the springs from maybe the super t or the monster t fit in the junior. For example I'm dropping the progression drops at Diablo on an 06 Faith 2 and hitting bottom every time. Whould thicker oil help or only slow the rebound? Thanx

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Slowing the rebound shouldn't have any effect on the fork's bottom out resistance. If the fork is bottoming harsh of those drops and your landing them smooth, just get a set of stiffer springs. Trust me, lots of suppliers still have Jr. T springs, go to your LBS and ask. I have had issues with the Jr. T's however. Many of them had wicked fast compression and rebound and only felt decent after rebuilding them with 15wt oil. Check for your sag (should be around 33%), and if it's good, then try the oil...heavier oil will aid in stopping the fork from bottoming harsh. But again, rebound should have NO effect on the fork bottoming and making it too slow will cause the fork to "pack down" (i.e. keep it from rebounding so much that after a few hits in a row you'll be left with only 0-20% of the total travel).