Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
davep said:
Hey Vitox,

did you ever end up trying this?
did it work?
what was involved?

hey!

no i didnt do it in the end mostly because the weight saving was minor, sub100g for swapping both stock 888 springs to titanium boxxer springs, but i have it all figured out.

your main concern will be that the boxxer spring is around 90mm longer than the 888 spring, it wont rub or anything, the ID is perfectly suited.

so for anchoring the spring you wont be able to use the clip and cap it normally uses, in stead, as someone suggested here, you can use a length of pvc or other plastic pipe (i cut up some WB clear preload thingies i had from the ud180 days) and have that pipe act as a spacer between the underside of the top cap, and the spring, pretty easy really, but i didnt do it because the weight saving was less than expected.

still, if you need to buy different springs for your 888 anyway, the cost of saving that weight goes down a lot and if could be a great option.

lemme know if you have any other questions, ive got all the springs aound here so if you need any measurements just post or pm