Quantcast

0.914?! This dude can drink!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
AP Story:Man Registers Deadly Blood-Alcohol Level

SOFIA, Bulgaria (AP) -- Incredulous doctors made five blood tests on a drunken man to confirm he had a blood-alcohol content of 0.914, far above the usual life-threatening range, police and doctors said Tuesday.

The 67-year-old man, whose name was not released, was hospitalized Dec. 20, when a car knocked him down on a street in the southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv.

A breath test showed high blood alcohol level, but police officers thought the result was inaccurate, because the man was conscious and talked with them, said Col. Angel Rangelov, head of police in Plovdiv.

Laboratory analysis of five subsequent blood samples taken the same day confirmed that the man had had a 0.914 blood alcohol content, Rangelov said. An 0.55 blood-alcohol level is usually considered as life-threatening.

Dr. Svetlan Dermendzhiev of Plovdiv's University hospital told state news agency BTA he had not seen such a high level.

The man was reported in stable condition after treatment for head injuries.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
.914 is in decimal format. If you want to know percentage you simply move the decimal two places to the right. Um I think you learn this kind of stuff in 3rd grade.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
fuzzynutz said:
.914 is in decimal format. If you want to know percentage you simply move the decimal two places to the right. Um I think you learn this kind of stuff in 3rd grade.
it's already shown as a percent

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
wow, that guy must of been drinkin some straight rot gut stuff since he was a wee one.

i wonder how is liver is still functioning... if its still functioning

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damn .4% would kill most people. Maybe he was dead and no body could tell the difference, he was pickled enough he wasn't going to start rotting or anything.