Quantcast

【ツ】sarcasm Sunday GMT 【ツ】

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Leaves are turning here as well. Hoping to mill a couple logs today. We’ll see how the day goes.
Down here things are sprouting, I ringbarked a Chinese Tallow before winter but the bastard thing has new growth.
I have to get it down soon as it is under HV power lines.
We only have something like three native deciduous trees, it's supposedly because the climate is pretty harsh.
Now that the rain has backed off I can do some weeding, gotta fire up the veggie peeler and poison some Chinese Jasmine.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work this morning to do some battery back up swap over/installation. Yep Sunday for this because they didn't do step 1 and 2 that I asked months ago, so when we tried to do step 3 on Friday....the light bulb went off in their heads. Dammit man. :banghead:

Anyways, a super good buddy who moved out to Alberta two years ago is here for the week. So this afternoon we are going to take the donkey bikes out, ride around town and hit up some breweries. I wish my body and health weren't so wrecked so we good go do some big mtb rides...we used to do some stupid shit. Like when people say "don't rode that trail when it's wet, it's like grease...and steep as shit you will fall to the bottom". We'd of course have to go try it and do it in the snow. :rofl:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
At work this morning to do some battery back up swap over/installation. Yep Sunday for this because they didn't do step 1 and 2 that I asked months ago, so when we tried to do step 3 on Friday....the light bulb went off in their heads. Dammit man. :banghead:

Anyways, a super good buddy who moved out to Alberta two years ago is here for the week. So this afternoon we are going to take the donkey bikes out, ride around town and hit up some breweries. I wish my body and health weren't so wrecked so we good go do some big mtb rides...we used to do some stupid shit. Like when people say "don't rode that trail when it's wet, it's like grease...and steep as shit you will fall to the bottom". We'd of course have to go try it and do it in the snow. :rofl:
What is the American (imperial) equivalent of a donkey bike?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
meant to wake up early for a road ride but didn't. i blame carpet removal for being so tired.

one week left until the MS charity ride. link in the signature if anyone wants to donate.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What is the American (imperial) equivalent of a donkey bike?
Town bike?

/me played a satisfying concert last night. Flugel solo turned out very well, I think :)

On tap for today is some Wandavision then Strange 2 with the kids +/- Peloton, and mowing the lawns and in doing so chopping up some of the dirt clods I tossed up on there after edging.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Almost finished baseboards for a bathroom yesterday, but lots of Dremel on that job. Will finish that today, then hopefully another and one stairway. Going for the short, simple cuts first.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It is raining, We never get rain in September. The guys on the fire lines must be loving it. Going camping on the Noyo River this week. Ruth just told me I should bring my fly rod and go fish while we are there. Damn I love that woman.

Espresso and then putter round for the day

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
3 days of shredding the bikes in Bandon Oregon. Those trails are just fun to ride, such a good time. All thats left is an 8 hour adventure up the i5 / 84 / 97.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
@Adventurous what's the deal with crested butte anyways? Seems to be the Karen capital of north America?
Rich fucks/trust fundies bought up most of it and the Gunnison valley during the pandemic run up. Not that that wasn't already happening, but it definitely accelerated exponentially the last couple years. Local politics got weird/particularly nasty when city council tried to do something about STRs and vacant homes and a bunch of out of staters carpet bagged local elections during the process. The few remaining "locals" that havent been priced out/run out are of a rather poisonous attitude towards anything viewed as further change, and I can't say that I blame them. The new money folks have a rather virulent form of persecution complex, possibly for good reason, but can't seem to see how they might possibly, just a little bit, have brought it on themselves. It's the sort of thing happening in Bend/Redmond, but distilled down into a more caustic form due mostly to the limited space in the valley and concentration of Texas oil money and California techies.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Rich fucks/trust fundies bought up most of it and the Gunnison valley during the pandemic run up. Not that that wasn't already happening, but it definitely accelerated exponentially the last couple years. Local politics got weird/particularly nasty when city council tried to do something about STRs and vacant homes and a bunch of out of staters carpet bagged local elections during the process. The few remaining "locals" that havent been priced out/run out are of a rather poisonous attitude towards anything viewed as further change, and I can't say that I blame them. It's the sort of thing happening in Bend/Redmond, but distilled down into a more caustic form due mostly to the limited space in the valley and concentration of Texas oil money and California techies.
explains all the cali license plates and "I am better than you" attitudes, precisely why I left central Oregon. Not a fan of status quo towns

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
explains all the cali license plates and "I am better than you" attitudes, precisely why I left central Oregon. Not a fan of status quo towns
Yeah. I mean, I'm kind of sympathetic towards the few remaining locals, but at the same time they aren't dealing with anything that a million other "desirable" locations aren't also dealing with. If I were smart enough to know a solution I probably wouldn't be posting on Ridemonkey, but CB has been running people out of town who didn't fit the definition of "desirable" since at least when Townes Van Zandt got chased out by the Gunnison county sheriff. It maybe that everyone up there needs to ease the stick out of their own asses, just a little bit.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yeah. I mean, I'm kind of sympathetic towards the few remaining locals, but at the same time they aren't dealing with anything that a million other "desirable" locations aren't also dealing with. If I were smart enough to know a solution I probably wouldn't be posting on Ridemonkey, but CB has been running people out of town who didn't fit the definition of "desirable" since at least when Townes Van Zandt got chased out by the Gunnison county sheriff. It maybe that everyone up there needs to ease the stick out of their own asses, just a little bit.
twas a staggering amount of Tesla's, Sprinters, G wagons, and escalades sprinkled with a few exotics parked downtown.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
First trail ride in a while this morning. Felt good and I need to get back on that wagon a few times a week.

Special shout out to the Strava warrior who chose not to slow down to safely pass my wife during his self-proclaimed “time trail”. She’s enjoying the scrapes from the thorns. I understand your times are far more important though…

First trail ride in a while this morning. Felt good and I need to get back on that wagon a few times a week.

Special shout out to the Strava warrior who chose not to slow down to safely pass my wife during his self-proclaimed “time trail”. She’s enjoying the scrapes from the thorns. I understand your times are far more important though…
Stick in spokes time...

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Fixed that for ya
To be fair, she made a mistake too. However, if he would’ve slowed down a touch and made sure it was safe to pass this wouldn’t have happened. I was far more interested in making sure she was OK (which she was). If I would’ve known she was OK upfront that might’ve gone a whole lot differently.….

Some people’s arrogance and self-importance is unbelievable.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
To be fair, she made a mistake too. However, if he would’ve slowed down a touch and made sure it was safe to pass this wouldn’t have happened. I was far more interested in making sure she was OK (which she was). If I would’ve known, she was OK upfront that might’ve gone a whole lot differently.….
A better man than I, I have zero patience for the ignorant especially when it comes to injury, let alone insult.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
A better man than I, I have zero patience for the ignorant especially when it comes to injury, let alone insult.
Oh, I get it. I’m typically a pretty nice guy, but mess with my family then a switch gets flipped. If I would have known she was ok I (at a minimum) would’ve likely explained at a loud volume what a cunt he was.