Quantcast

(。Toots dray ◦)

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It would seem I need more sleep, made my lunch then almost covered my Granola in mayonnaise.

I don't want to lift heavy things today but there's reduction hubs to play with.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, what a journey this is. So I can't get Frita to prime no matter what I've tried. Fine, call AAA, they say to send pictures so they know what truck to bring. Then she calls me back and says "bread trucks and older vehicles aren't covered." So you are telling me I've been paying for AAA RV coverage for 4 years and I finally try to use it and you tell me I can't? Really? I got a little heated with the gal and hung up before I said anything I might regret.

They called back and because it's licenced and registered as an RV, it's covered. Waiting for a call back, so we will see. In the mean time I call Anderson Towing (my previous employer 20 years ago) and he says they don't tow RV's. I did when I worked there, Bruce (the owner) taught me everything. He also taught me how to tow UPS trucks which Frita basically is. Wow, that seems crazy, but he must not trust the monkeys he has working for him.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
On a lighter side, now I need to swing by and talk to Bruce and get the scoop. I haven't talked to him since they towed my totalled Vette. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thinking about traveling for the month of June, here to Tucson and back, with stops in Brevard, Santa Fe, Flagstaff, Springdale, UT, Fruita, Denver, Forsythe, MT, Medora, ND, Penn-Roosevelt State Park, we'll see.
Bicycles shall be ridden in Colorado.
So it is written, so it shall occur.

Jealous of the Penn-R stop. I used to love camping there. I was pondering heading to PA next year for the Wilderness 101 to get some riding in there.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Thinking about traveling for the month of June, here to Tucson and back, with stops in Brevard, Santa Fe, Flagstaff, Springdale, UT, Fruita, Denver, Forsythe, MT, Medora, ND, Penn-Roosevelt State Park, we'll see.
holler if you come down this way. i'd love to show you some not-touristy stuff in other areas of pisgah...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I will join in if I am able. jbp, give us advance notice so those of us who have to request leave can request the same

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I called at 12:30, it's now 7:10, they are 20 minutes away. Good thing I'm at my house.

<edit> and it's the wrong truck. Supposed to be sending a medium duty, but who knows.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley got second at League tonight. Qualified second; final second. Race was screaming fast. Top 3 kids were all in the mid-25 second range, which is screaming fast. Opened the gap on 3rd overall by 16 points and only down from 1st by 6 points. To close 16 points you need to have people effectively miss races - which she won't do.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just took the pooch for an exploratory walk on my closest low-elevation trail, and this is confirmed…we will not truly be riding any singletrack here until about June.
Good thing wifey’s car gets great mileage, there will have to be frequent road trips.
Biggest snow year here ever, I think.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I cancelled and said I would do it tomorrow. Drake's towing quoted $600-$800 of which AAA covers $500. So we will see what's up in the morning.