Quantcast

^✓^ friderp gmt ^✓^

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Yeti all back together, only to find out that the 1 tires worth of Stan's I had on hand is a solid mass. :rofl: Oh well, the trusty hardtail is working, per usual.

Time to sip on some coffee and start The Hobbit before work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woo Friday.

Weather might officially be crazy. Yesterday it was 10c. Tonight it will be -20. Monday will be back to 6c. How does that work?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I haven't ridden for ten days and it seems I have swapped riding for sleepy impulse bike purchases.
Is there a sleep God I could to pray to?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hola, conquistadors. I hit the treadmill this morning for six miles. There was a younger guy (mid-20's?) in the locker room blasting Engelbert Humperdinck on some music device external speakers. That was odd, yet for some reason pleasant.

I saw a Yeti ad come across my facebook feed where they have a 20% off select bikes sale. So of course I clicked. The bike I bought a couple of years ago is $2000 off now. Weird.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
AITA? Tomorrow is the celebration of life for one of my uncles, who passed a few weeks ago. We knew each other growing up, but interaction was limited to family events usually. Over the last decade or two, I don't think we had seen each other (its another story, mom's side of the family fell apart after my grandparents died).

The celebration of life thing is 2 hours away. Am I the asshole for selfishly not wanting to go? Thats 4 hours of driving, plus however many hours at the event. I did send a nice card to my aunt and cousins, so I haven't been totally absentminded.

On top of that, my brother is planning on having a birthday party for his kid after all this. Is he crazy?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Got caught in a sleet near blizzard on my ride this morning. I wasn't expecting it, but had appropriate clothing. My feet did not.

Fun times, now that I'm finished, showered and feet are warm and dry again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got caught in a sleet near blizzard on my ride this morning. I wasn't expecting it, but had appropriate clothing. My feet did not.

Fun times, now that I'm finished, showered and feet are warm and dry again.
Are you visiting family out there or is there a race of some sort?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
In Las Cruces.
Coffee at Starbucks to use their shitter.
Laundry and a stop at White Sand National Park.
Heading towards Austin for a couple of days of riding.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Are you visiting family out there or is there a race of some sort?
I'm over here helping the mother unit caring for my dad, post spinal fusion surgery. Sneaking in rides when I can before then starting work as normal on Eastern time in Murica.

Wife is now at home having had to deal with her dad shuffling off this mortal coil while I'm away. Along with a myriad of other headaches (car battery flat when getting back to the Denver airport, accidentally leaving her laptop in Detroit airport)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm over here helping the mother unit caring for my dad, post spinal fusion surgery. Sneaking in rides when I can before then starting work as normal on Eastern time in Murica.

Wife is now at home having had to deal with her dad shuffling off this mortal coil while I'm away. Along with a myriad of other headaches (car battery flat when getting back to the Denver airport, accidentally leaving her laptop in Detroit airport)
Yikes. That is rough. Hopefully every turns out and you get a glimpse of the sun.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hang in there @6thElement - from one post spinal fusion caregiver to another :D

In Las Cruces.
Coffee at Starbucks to use their shitter.
Laundry and a stop at White Sand National Park.
Heading towards Austin for a couple of days of riding.
your travels bringing you any further east?

/here, is drizzly. going for a walk with wife in a few. trying to get works stuff done. working on 14yo's high school application stuff...

head feeling a bit less headachy all the time, which is good. slightly less tinnitus too.

meh. yeah. meh.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
your travels bringing you any further east?
Things took a turn for the worst in a matter of minutes. Van is in limp with no turbo. :panic: :banghead::rant:

"Fortunately" seems there are two knowledgeable Sprinter tech 3 miles from here.

The hate for this van intensifies.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
AITA? Tomorrow is the celebration of life for one of my uncles, who passed a few weeks ago. We knew each other growing up, but interaction was limited to family events usually. Over the last decade or two, I don't think we had seen each other (its another story, mom's side of the family fell apart after my grandparents died).

The celebration of life thing is 2 hours away. Am I the asshole for selfishly not wanting to go? Thats 4 hours of driving, plus however many hours at the event. I did send a nice card to my aunt and cousins, so I haven't been totally absentminded.

On top of that, my brother is planning on having a birthday party for his kid after all this. Is he crazy?
I predict that you are soon to be completely inundated with work that requires your undivided attention to resolve. Sometimes these things just can’t be avoided.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hi ppls

half day of work

Zoom meeting with attorney (for Monday deposition in which I'm an expert witness)

then mtns

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The draw to the dark side that is national racing is getting stronger. Haley got two messages yesterday - one text, one Instagram - from other local kids asking why she isn't at the Rotax race in PHX right now. And they are kids that she rarely drives with or even talks to when they're at the track at the same time. It's just assumed that she's moved beyond local racing, apparently.
[Insert money fire gif]

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Things took a turn for the worst in a matter of minutes. Van is in limp with no turbo. :panic: :banghead::rant:

"Fortunately" seems there are two knowledgeable Sprinter tech 3 miles from here.

The hate for this van intensifies.
It *is* a Dodge, right?? :busted:

Back when I when I did the job I knew a lesbian bouncer named Cooter.
Appears to be English... but... :confused:

then mtns
Might head up in the a.m. mañana...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Might head up in the a.m. mañana...
ah, you want to experience weekend lift lines, too, do ya? my wife won't be there this weekend so I'm going to bring skins and a goofball backpack like a true goon, take a lap or two with the eldest kid's Devo group and then walk up the hill somewhere on-mountain for peace of mind. unless you're actually there by then. :D

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Good ride. Drinking a rehydrating beer or seven and eating some electrolyte wings while doing some more breaking up with Google. Moving services to my proton address.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Way worse, a Mercedes
Related: I seem to have moved on from the Ram Promaster to AWD Ford Transit in my quest for dirtbag camper van.

Random folks I've met have said the Ford has a "better" motor and easier to repair if need be, but I am not a car guy...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Related: I seem to have moved on from the Ram Promaster to AWD Ford Transit in my quest for dirtbag camper van.

Random folks I've met have said the Ford has a "better" motor and easier to repair if need be, but I am not a car guy...
Wife and I have been after a Transit to avoid the Merc Diesel.